“excellent”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #153 of 875 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McKinney, Texas
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I ate there tonight.I love this restaurant. Food is delicious, wait staff is polite. I give this 5 stars. You won't be disappointed. I never write reviews but this restaurant is exceptional.

Visited April 2014

Seattle, WA
“Awfull Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I went to this place. The worst service ever. We had to wait for the first question about something to drink for a long time when finally, the waiter came along and asked about it. After bringing us our 'late' drinks, he said he would come back for the order without even asking if we were ready to order.
Just in case that was not enough, on our way out since we were not happy with service, still another waiter, sarcastically said to us, "be careful on your way out with the traffic, because everyone is leaving" then "I'm just being sarcastic" insinuating that we were over reacting to the their lame service.

Terribly disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
Anna, Texas
“First Rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband & I LOVE this place. The atmosphere is elegant yet family friendly. My children are no longer small but I see families in there having a great time. The Blackberry Sangria is sweet & tasty, while my husband enjoys a cup of coffee with the specialty dessert of the day. I would recommend just about everything on their menu but my favorite is the trio of Chicken Rosa, Chicken Bryan, and Chicken Marsala. The service is excellent! The price is a little more than say the average get together place but not by much. We always feel it's worth the little bit extra. Great wood fired pizza's and there are no words for the desserts. If your in the area & want to have a decent conversation while eating- without having to scream over a game or radio this is the place for you.

• Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“great food; not so great management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a work group of 14 - half of us from out of town - that decided to head out to dinner on a Tuesday evening. The management here forced us to sit at 2 separate sets of tables, even though there was plenty of room in the back room to put tables together for a long row. I could understand for a busy weekend night, but on a Tuesday evening with not-full clientele? Very disappointing that we were not able to all sit together.

That being said, the food quality was excellent. From Filet Fiorentina (the steak melts in your mouth like butter!) with steamed spinach to their $15/$18 trio specials to Sicilian chicken noodle soup, everything was delicious.

Save room for their Dessert Rosa - yum!

Highly recommend for the food.

Management could do a better job being more customer-oriented. How often do they get a group of 14 on a Tuesday evening? Is it a lot to ask to be able to sit together? Especially for the out-of-towners in our group - what a poor example of Dallas hospitality.

• Visited February 2014
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tough to complain about this location or the chain.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been dining at Carrabbas since the late 70's - early 80's when they first opened on Kirby Drive in Houston. They were the true hot spot to see and be seen and it remained that way for several years with exceptional menu ideas and innovative cooking rivaling the touted finest italian spots in St.Louis and New York that I knew of.
Since beginning their franchising efforts, their quality and attention to detail did falter for a period but i did continue to go for lunch occasionally in hopes that i would see a revival back to their former glory until I felt like in the early 2000's they had pushed the total package of food and atmosphere back to within a close percentage of their best including other locations in other cities.
Overall, considering I dine italian often at several places, I'd put Carrabbas in the top 10 to 15% of all. Their bread is most addictive, Mama's Chicken soup is special and their house salad has simply the best dressing whereas I pick Caesar at other places.
We all have our favorite particular dishes but I lean toward Italian sausage and theirs is quite good. They used to have a chicken breast stuffed with sausage with a killer sauce as a special on occasion but I can't remember the name. I can remember the particular flavor though, yummm.

Our location in Plano has a monthly Tuesday night special of 4 to 5 courses matched with wines
for a fair price and it typically has 25 to 40 that sign up in advance, which is a must. Meet new people as the wine piles up, it works and is worth your time. Call Josh the main man to find out how.

Gayland Wardell