“Still a great place after all these years”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #150 of 875 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, TX
“Still a great place after all these years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been going here for many years and it rarely disappoints. The food here is consistently good, and keeps us coming back. For it being Italian fare, my husband still swears that the steak is one of the best he's had (and he eats alot of steak at alot of restaurants). The old standbys (chicken parm, lasagne, etc) never disappoint. Decent limited wine list. There was a short time period (mid to late 2012) where it seemed like the waitstaff had some sort of changeover and they lost a few of their absolute best waitstaff, unfortunately, and that made us extremely sad. Our last few visits there, however, feel like it has improved and they have found some really good and competent waiters again. We worried when Carrabba's "sold out" and were bought out by "big business", but the food is still good here and the atmosphere is nice. We have taken quite a few friends here and they all have returned on their own (which is a good sign, I think).

• Visited March 2013

Plano
“Fantastic Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and our two boys took me for dinner to Carrabba's for my birthday.
The wait was surprisingly short for a 7pm arrival.
I think I could live alone on the fresh baked bread and olive oil with seasoning mixture.
We had a Calamari appetizer, and for dinner I had a fish dish (Tilapia Nocciola), I can't remember what my husband had, but my 10 year old had the Pasta Weesie (shrimp alfredo), and 8 year old had the spaghetti and meatball. The food was DELISH! Unfortunately, I was too full for dessert.

The service was IMPECCABLE. Our waiter was always available and at least 3 different staff members approached our table to bring us more of something. We never told them it was my birthday either.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Italiano”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Caesar Salad is terrific; and if you call ahead and get your food to go, you can even order a bottle of wine "to go"!!

Visited November 2012
Houston
“Excellent service with standard food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Carrabba's Italian Grill is a chain serving standard Italian food in a family-friendly atmosphere. The menu isn't spectacular - better than some other chains but far from what one would find at a smaller family-run restaurant. Service was excellent - I had three or four different servers take care of me (the manager was nearby, and I watched and heard him throughout ordering his staff not to walk around empty-handed). Quiet enough to enjoy a conversation but not an intimate place to take a date. The cake with the fruit and whipped cream topping was a nice finale to the meal.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Another chain Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The restaurant is always busy on weekend evenings.
DH ordered Seafood Canneloni and it was super delicious ($15.99). The dish came with either a soup or salad. DH chose a bowl of chicken soup. The chicken was so tender.
I ordered a Marsala sirloin with a house salad and pasta ($16.99). The sirloin was cooked rare medium. It's just an okay taste. The mushroom sauce was good though.
Our server is very attentive and helpful.

• Visited October 2012