“Wonderful golf course for all ages”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Courses at Watters Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf Club offering 27 holes of championship golf (Blackjack course at 18 holes and the Sawtooth Course at 9 holes,) which features bentgrass greens, tiff fairways, creeks, hills, lakes and lots of trees to make it a real challenge.
Frisco, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful golf course for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have a young golfer in our family and the newly opened Futures Course is an amazing place for her to hone her skills. We are anxously awaiting the new 9 hole course as well. The staff at Watters Creek is very friendly and helpful as well. The driving range and Futures Course is lit until 11pm, which makes there no excuses for not being able to go practice! Very well maintained facilities and groomed courses.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Susan W

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Tee'd Off”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of my favorite courses in the area!! The grounds are immaculate, well kept hazards, friendly staff....terrific place for my favorite past time!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank N R
Frisco, Texas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

With so many amazing, and inexpensive golf choices in this town, this one is a weak, has-been. Construction materials everywhere, course staff not well educated about proper golf course maintenance. Overpriced and rounds take extraordinarily long time.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank David P
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Golf Course Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Fun golf course! I hit almost every club in my bag, well manicured and open so you can find your ball. However, try to keep it in the short stuff. Even the first cut can be a bit hairy to hit out of.

Not too much to gripe about in terms of my round. It's "cart path only" which is a bit of a pain. Especially if you're out with people missing on opposite sides of the fairway. Lucky for my group, we all tended to miss in the same spot. :-)

I do, however, have one huge issue with this course, and it should be of particular interest to travelers, and it's with the rental clubs.

I didn't want to spend a fortune to ship my clubs, and nobody that I know in the area is the same hand as me, so I played with the facility's clubs. I've been to other courses in the Allen-area and they've all provided me with adequate rentals. But what this place gave me was a set of Paragon's. I'd never heard of that company before.... After I hit the first ball I knew why. It felt as if I was hitting with wooden-headed clubs. And management had the audacity to charge me a $30 rental fee for these things. I can go on overstock.com right now and buy a brand new, entire 14-club set (I only had the woods/hybrids/3-9, the other clubs were a mishmash of 15-20 year-old clubs) for $220.

Overall, this is a fun course, lots of room to miss (but you'll pay for it if you do). However, if you're flying in to Allen, and you don't want to spend the cash to ship your clubs, or you can't borrow some, I'd suggest never, ever play here. Ever.

Visited May 2013
Allen, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pace of Play”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Enjoyed the course, much improved since renovation. Can't go back until the six hour rounds stop on the weekends. Cart path only and 8 minutes between tee times gets you backed up. Waited on almost every shot.

Visited April 2013