“yum! quality gourmet Spanish/ Mexican FOOD”
Review of Urban Rio

Urban Rio
Ranked #69 of 931 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 15, 2014

great variety food. quality cole slaw, salsa and chips excellent......all 15 of my guests were pleased with their meals. musical guitar live music in bar after dinner was very nice also.

1  Thank BarbaraRDallas

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had lunch there on President's Day. I had the smoked brisket sandwich and my buddy had the grilled chicken quesadillas. The brisket sandwich had tender meat on a torta roll and side of cilantro fries. The spicy BBQ sauce provided on the side was kind of a small portion but the server was quick to offer more if needed. I enjoyed the sandwich and fries were crisp and delicious. My buddy enjoyed the quesadillas which are cut into quarters and lined up on the plate. Fancy but good. Service was attentive but not intrusive from Jerrold. Only complaint, and apparently its a common one, not about the food but the material used to upholster the booths. It does not allow one to slide on the material.
Overall great first impression, food and service. Definitely will return.

1  Thank Tomldtx
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We love this place and eat here anytime we're craving Tex-Mex. Everything on the menu is creative, made fresh and delicious! Their Margaritas are also very good.

1  Thank Etienne_Renard
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice restaurant, well decorated, good service and affordable prices. I am not really sure if this is the original Mexican food but for sure has a very good taste. The beans and chips are very good !! the enchiladas are superb !!!

2  Thank mARIANO G
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went with a couple of friends this week to Urban Rio in Plano. It was fantastic. I had actually been here once before quite a while ago, and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

Unique take on Mexican food -- delicious specialty tacos (I had the chicken, the brisket and the pork, each with their special sauces and toppings). One friend had another combination taco plate, and one had the special for the day which was a tilapia.

What a refreshing change from your typical "tex-Mex" (don't get me wrong, I LOVE my tex-Mex, but this was a subtle update from the usual enchiladas, rice and beans!

The restaurant is beautifully appointed, rich modern decor with a definite southwestern/rugged influence. Wonderful spot.

2  Thank WednesdayNightGirl

Been to Urban Rio? Share your experiences!