“Appropriately Named”

Sip & Savor Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sip & Savor Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 929 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

On a recent Wednesday night I met a couple of my besties here and had a marvelous evening sipping and savoring. The entrees all hovered around $25, but sounded like too much food, so we nibbled our way around the menu. One friend had potato soup and crab cakes, while another friend and I opted for a Crab Salad Louie. All plates were returned empty to the kitchen, except for a few greens. We also shared some delicious side dishes and some desserts. OH yes - and a couple of bottles of wine.

This restaurant in a charming historic home is not on the beaten paths, so you're going to have to make an effort to get there, but it's worth the effort. The venue is great, of course, but the service and the food were also very good. There's way too many "me too" restaurants out there and this something different. Go and enjoy.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took a friend of mine there for her birthday lunch! What a lovely surprise!

We ordered a wonderful bottle of pinot grigot, had a delicious cheese board and split an order of crab cakes.

The restaurant is housed in a 1890 farmhouse that has been turned into a delightful spot to sit and enjoy a relaxed meal. The waitstaff were helpful, shared their knowledge of wines (and even shared a pour of their new favorite!).

Will go again and again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lovely historical home is an intriguing venue for a restaurant whose focus is wine and light food items.
Ordered a sparkling wine that they purport to be among their most popular, but they didn't have any (5 pm on a Thursday???). Also ordered the fruit and cheese tray, but one of our choices--Gouda--was not available.
Food was good and service excellent, but I question their ability to sustain a following if they cannot deliver items on their menu.
It was a chilly day, and the dining room was definitely not warm!
This would likely not be one of my go-to favs.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I and another couple visited within the past week. If you we're sleeping and awakened, you would think that you were in Napa Valley! We had a Napa Valley wine tasting of several upstream wins which was very nice. Our appetizers we all tope notch as we're our main coursers and deserts. The own spent Imelda with all of us after dinner and really felt welcomed at this establishment. We visited on. A Thursday night and it we firmly quiet. I'm sure that it's much busier on the weekend.

For a first date, it would be great!

Also for a quiet evening in a historical old house with friends and or family it's very nice!

Enjoy.

1  Thank DallasWineGuy
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I went there on Friday 2/15 with two other couples for a Valentines dinner. Since I'm a vegetarian and he's gluten free (due to Crohn's), we looked at the menu 2 weeks prior online and emailed John, I assume the owner, about whether they could accommodate our dietary considerations. Several emails transued about options and that they would work with us.

However, on that night, they blatantly told us they had nothing else beyond the prix fixe menu which was not gluten free. They were irritated at my surprise, and more so when I brought up the emails, which John conveniently "couldn't remember." He refused to charge us less than the $45 per meal even though we couldn't eat most of it! And then he said we could always go somewhere else to eat! How rude! Needless to say, everyone in our group was shocked.

So, we did just that. We left. And if anyone ever asks me about this place, I will tell them to stay away. The people there are NOT worth it!

4  Thank Peggy215