“Yummy yummy”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #55 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We have been creating made-from-scratch-goodness in the DFW area since 1987, when we opened our first Original Pancake House(R) franchise in Texas. Currently we have 6 locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and we continue to grow.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We love this restaurant! It's sooo good and decently priced. They're only open for breakfast and lunch so get there early :) The coffee is the best I've ever had in a restaurant.

1  Thank 451saraht

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We found this restaurant while looking for something other then I-hop. Start with their fresh squeezed Orange juice, you won't be disappointed. The pancakes and waffles are awesome. When we are back in this area we will definitely eat here again.

2  Thank cssct1988
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here thinking it was a local place; not a chain.

However, I was not disappointed with the breakfast.

When I saw the proportions I decided to share with my wife. Wise choice!

We had the omelette and pancakes. We were stuffed afterwards. The bacon was nice and thick.

I ate some of my daughters strawberry crepes. They were excellent.

Only negative was price. The OJ was expensive and so was the side of bacon.

2  Thank Jamgrace
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Visited on a Saturday morning with a group of four adults and two children (ages 4 y/o and 18 months old). There was a line already waiting for tables. We put our name on the list and had seat outside. They had a coffee area set up outside for the customers that were waiting. I barely poured a cup before they called our name for a table. Quick service for a group of 6 on a Saturday morning! There's just one menu, no separate kids menu. There's a section for smaller portions which was perfect for our 4 year old. A couple at the table next to us had one small child and they suggested the Baby Cakes for a youngest child. It's not on the menu, but it's basically small pancake (silver dollar size). Perfect for little fingers and hands!

Fantastic service from our waiter. Great place!

3  Thank stephaniejjordan
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My 2 adult sons and I took my wife on Mother's Day, of all days. They were BUSY! But the service was still the best we've ever had there. Juan, our waiter, was so nice, attentive and quick. We even made it a point to tell the manager. The food was terrific as usual. I do have one complaint. While the meal prices are reasonable, the cost of drinks and "sides" is outrageous. Seriously....4 sausage links for $3.89? A glass of orange juice for $3.65? Stick to the meals with water or coffee and you're OK. I'd give it 5 stars if I didn't feel those two things were a bit of a rip-off.

1  Thank larryecollins