“Completely enjoyed!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Next Mex
Description: Next Mex
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Urbanrio with another couple on a Saturday night. Since we had a 25 minute wait we ordered drinks upstairs first while we waited. The ice bar is a cool hangout bar and has a wonderful atmosphere. We could've just eaten there but it was louder (totally normal for the setting) than we were looking for. Our table was ready in about 15 minutes! Food was extremely fast. Portions aren't huge but for us that is great. The prices are so good you can just order more! Definitely a return visit is warranted!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Brought my group of 13 here on a Saturday night. We had a large patio enclosed from the cold, very comfortable with large screen tv's, mostly to ourselves in the bar area. The food was very good and lovely in display on the plate. Everyone's food looked and was tasty, I am told. I had the chicken sandwich and Jalapeno cold slaw, very good! After dinner, the music was offered of a guitar player in the comfortable bar area, it was very pleasant and entertaining. The entire restaurant was upscale but comfortable, very nice atmosphere, happy people. Highly recommend for a date night. Family would work well here also.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Margaritas were strong & yummy. Quesa was tasty, but serving wasn't huge. Grilled chicken had yummy sauce & pico, but was bit charred tasting & dry. Steak was delicious. Tacos lacked oomph. Smores were cool, but just smores. Overall pleasant experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My third visit was a gastronomic tour-de-force of great Mexican food. Fernando Torres came out on our second visit to stop my wife from eating a dish with tomato (she's allergic). He substituted another dish that was a better match. We talked and since I had just had Chile Rellenos I asked when they would have Chiles en Nogada, a Puebla state dish that I have only had twice and only in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. He not only knew what it was; but offered to put it on as a special the next day. I have been asking at Mexican restaurants for years but never got more than a laugh. He offered to make any Mexican dish but I can't think of a harder or better dish.

My wife and I were back the next day and I have never had better. It is a green Poblano Chile stuffed with picadillo (a mixture usually containing shredded meat, aromatics, fruits and spices), cheese, fruit and rice (lots of room for varity), cooked and covered with a white cream Oaxacan cheese sauce with pecan and almonds (original was Castilla Walnuts) and sprinkled with crunchy red pomegranate seeds. The dish is created depending on when the pomegranates are ripe.

This dish is tied to the independence of Mexico since it is said it was prepared for the first time to entertain the emperor Agustín de Iturbide after his naming as Agustín I. It was made special to honor him and the colors of the Mexican flag.

This version with Oaxacan cream sauce is to-die-for.

We finished by splitting an Orange flan. Fantastic with orange flavor made bold with orange zest and small mint leaves on top. I can't remember a better meal. Thank you Fernando.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We were told.an hour on the wait, but we were seated at about 30,minutes, the service was excellent the atmospher was fabulous and the food was outstanding. The bean dip that comes with the chips is awesome, get the queso iots great and the entree's are really good. I would recomend whole heartedly

Been to urbanrio? Share your experiences!