“Good food and atmosphere”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #64 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a chain restaurant but the one in Plano does a fine job on their service and food. It has friendly waitstaff and the atmosphere is quite pleasing. Good place for happy hour, Tuesday has half price wines.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Had their new bison burger today and it was very good. This is one of the first bison burgers I have had that wasnt gamey. The seasoning was spot on.

The slaw side sald was good too. It came with a vinegrette dressing instead of a creamy.

Good lower calorie meal at a very reasonable price.

The waiter was very polite but could have checked in a bit more.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

In my last 5 trips to Dallas one of the obligates visit always have been BJ's at Plano, the pizza always we order Barbecue chicken pizza, was not cooked the onion was raw, when we comment that to the waiter his answer was a collection of excuses.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It has been a while since I have visited this establishment. The number of menu choices has definitely increased, as well as their prices. With a great selection of food, their own micro-brews, and a large selection of local favorites (Rahr, Franconia, Deep Ellum), its difficult to not find something to your liking.

Our server was great, interacted with the whole family, and provided top notch service. Our food all came out at once, to our liking. We did find the small pizza and calzone to be barely enough to fill ourselves. Those that had pasta and salads found the portions very large.

They pushed their new loyalty program on us, which we joined to help the server win a contest. Typical program with enough points you receive free items or discounts. I would rather they just lower their overall pricing.

We will go back, but if we take the whole family, we will only do it on a special occasion.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I enjoy going to this BJ's...The wait staff is always friendly and funny and quick to correct any mistakes that they may have made. I am also a big fan of their enlightened entrees menu; it definitely takes the guilt out of having a mini pizookie for dessert. Their Thai Chicken Mango Salad is delicious (though I did have some awkwardly large lettuce leaves-which by the way, were not your standard iceberg lettuce), and their fried artichokes were so good too! Their oreo pizookie is my favorite, ala mode of course (see! the salad was necessary!!)-I like the oreo flavor because it's not too sweet and makes a delicious cookies and cream dessert. As far as beers, I am totally loving their Nutty Brewnette. Not because they named it after me, but because it's a great dark beer that is not super heavy. My only complaint is the parking, but it's not that big of a deal; most of the spots are on the side or behind the building, so if you're there when everyone else is, you will end up walking a little further.