“This Hotel Was Great!!”

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Abilene, Texas
“This Hotel Was Great!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recommend this hotel to everyone. The manager was wonderful in working the group discount and the front desk staff displayed superb customer service in accomodating our room needs and setting our reservations.

The Housekeeping staff did an outstanding job taking care of our needs during the stay. The rooms were found to be very well maintained, extremely clean and presentable. I seen several times upon exiting our room, what I presumed to be the Housekeeping manager, walking the halls. Her hands on approach is a great display of true leadership.

And we were equally impressed with the staff preparing and maintaining the dining area; the food was delicious and the area was well kept. The tables, as well as the food and beverage areas were kept clean. And while we missed the opportunity to partake in the complimentary evening meal; from what I seen on the menu it is quite the variety. Not the normal nachos, popcorn and hot dog menus found at most hotels.

In closing, please allow me to add that the employees of a company say a lot of the management; they did a stand-up job all around.

Room Tip: Not sure on the rooms, as I have only stayed there twice and had the same type of guest room. But t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Many thanks for the fantastic review, and it sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! My team and I take great pride in running an award-winning hotel, and it is always rewarding to hear feedback such as yours. I've let everyone read your comments, as they'll appreciate the positive feedback, too.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rosenberg, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love how big and nice the room is.
we feel at home when we stay here.
Staff is wonderful.
We stay here every time we come to Dallas to see my son play Baseball at one of the Local colleges.
This place is not real close to his college, but I will drive a little in order to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
What a wonderful review, and we're so glad you choose our hotel whenever you're in town, even if we're not the most convenient to your son's game locations. Above all else, we are delighted that you feel at home during your stays with us, as that's out ultimate goal for all of our guests.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in the Homewood suites whilst in Dallas, I really like the idea of having a separate lounge and bedroom. This was my first stay (won't be my last either!)

The location of the Hotel is a little out of the way (right next to the turnpike), but to be honest there is plenty of restaurants a short drive away and Downtown Dallas is a 35 min drive (outside of rush hour traffic!).

Reception - The staff at reception are friendly and organised. Being a Hilton member made the check-in very easy as I'd already reserved the room online 36 hours before hand. If i had any questions or queries during my stay the staff were always prepared to help.

Room - The room was clean and tidy. Having 2 large flat screen TV's with plenty to watch is also very good, especially after a long day working. Having a small kitchen in the room was very handy, not that I cooked (mainly because there are so many good restaurants in Richardson) but having a large fridge was great for storing drinks and some food. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept extremely well. The room seemed to be quite well insulated from noise, could only really hear other rooms if they were scrapping chairs across the tiled flooring or kids running down the hallway. The shower and bath were good, could have done with a little more pressure in the shower though, but apart from that it was fine. The WiFi in the room is also very very good!

Restaurant - Breakfast had a reasonable choice, fruit, yogurt, eggs, waffle maker, juices, cereal, bacon or Sausages etc....From my perspective the Breakfast was fine and provided a good start to the day. sometimes though the restaurant was pretty busy in the morning and it could be hard to find a table. The evening meal was fine (only served Mon-Thurs), It made life easier especially if you've had a difficult day just to pop down have something to eat and a free beer or wine and then pop back to your room. The food was OK and filled a requirement, better than a McDonald's!

Overall - I really enjoyed my stay at the Homewood Suites and would definitely be booking again when I'm next in Richardson.

Room Tip: Book room away from the lifts as the door opening and closing can be quite noisy. Book upper rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Derbil123
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
What a wonderful, thorough review! This is exactly the kind of guest feedback we all strive for, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Being away from home for an extended period of time can takes its toll, and I'm glad our hotel was a comfortable 'home away from home' for you during your three-week stay. I've shared your comments with my team, as they will certainly enjoy reading them.

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Waxahachie
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I Love this Homewood!!!! It's clean. It's modern. It's geared for the business traveler. This is not a new Homewood, but it looks brand new. I stay at alot of Homewoods and this one is by far, my favorite. Semi close to shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow! We're so glad we are your favorite Homewood Suites! That's quite an honor, and we truly appreciate the great feedback. My team and I all work very hard to ensure our guests have a good experience, and it's always nice to hear when we've hit the mark.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very clean, very nice staff, and very easy to navigate, but the very tasteful decor was fabulous! The lines were clean, and it just wasn't filled with tacky furniture that it looked like they got on bulk sale.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course we're delighted that you like the decor! We take special pride in our hotel, and recently updated our interiors. I hope you were able to enjoy our artwork, too - including the Texas Icons portraiture, as it's truly something that makes us unlike any other hotel.

Thanks again for the wonderful comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything about my stay was wonderful. The check in was smooth despite the fact that several other guests had arrived for check in just before I had. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I definitely enjoyed my stay and will certainly book this hotel again for future visits to this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lltb43
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
This is exactly the kind of guest feedback we like to hear! Many thanks for the great review, and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our lobby can get pretty busy during peak check-in periods, so I'm glad to hear that despite other guests checking in at the same time, you were able to check in and get up to your suite without delay.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jenks, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites. The hotel was comfortable, quiet and best of all, clean! The free wireless internet actually worked, which I have found to be rare.The beds are comfortable and the free breakfast offered something for any appetite. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're thrilled that our hotel was your first experience with a Homewood Suites hotel! We're very proud of our award-winning hotel, and are so glad you enjoyed your suite, and our services and amenities - including our complimentary breakfast buffet. We certainly hope you will be inclined to choose a Homewood Suites hotel during future trips, but we're biased. ;-)

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
Residence Inn Dallas Plano/Richardson
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!