“The way it should be done!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“The way it should be done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels and this is the way it should be done! The rooms are good with stacks of facilities if you want to self cter - but really this is not needed as food is available - and good - and varied if you are staying for a while. Nice swimming pool and good access - good location - car would help but they will deliver and pick you up around a 5 mile radius. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and on behalf of my team, we appreciate you choosing our hotel during your visit to the Plano/Richardson area. We all work very hard to ensure every guest enjoys their experience at our award-wining hotel, and feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

It sounds like you were able to experience much of what our hotel has to offer, from the pool to the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I’ve also forwarded your comments to my team, as they will also enjoy reading them.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lindale, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband stayed here for business and the children and I tagged along for a little get-a-way. It was very clean. The staff was very helpful. The dinners that were included were very delicious and served quite nicely. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandie B
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review, and I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you and the kids were also able to enjoy the pool during your stay; during these hot Texas summers, our pool can be quite a respite from the heat.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, as positive feedback is always appreciated. Should your travels bring you back to the Plano/Richardson area, we’ll look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were booked at this Hotel for a wedding, I was so impressed with the hotel and how clean it was. The room was ready when we checked in, we took a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. The room was so spacious it was great for the 4 of us that were sharing the room. It was nice to have the living room to hang out in the evening, but the room still afforded the right amount of privacy to make it comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast and even reception was incredible, every morning they were constantly replenishing the food and it was always hot and really went out of their way to get you anything you needed.

One afternoon we were at the pool, and we could not find the towels, the front desk took care of it in a matter of minutes, and brought the towels pool side for us.

It’s off the highway so that’s easy for getting there, it’s a quiet area in the evening, but there is a McDonald's and Burger King right next door, walking distance.

I would stay here again for sure, the place was amazing and the rate incredible, like home away from home.

2 Thank FJS0974
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review! It’s always rewarding to hear from satisfied guests, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that our two-bedroom suites are spacious and comfortable – perfect for a family or small group.

I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and evening reception, and that my team was helpful during your stay. We all work hard to provide our guests with a great experience, and it’s nice to hear when we’ve hit the mark.

Many thanks again, and should you travels bring you back to the Plano/Richardson area, we’ll look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, this hotel is awesome! The staff is very helpful and so nice! I had a two bedroom suite and it was as close to home comfort as you can get, I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our two-bedroom suites are our most spacious option, and we agree that they’re much more like home vs. a typical hotel room.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson!

Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was in Plano on business and brought my family along for the week. After a snafu with an incomplete reservation (my fault) I selected the Homewood Suites (HWS) even though they only had smoking rooms available because I needed a 2 Bedroom suite. When I walked through the front doors I was really impressed. The decor is fabulous! I asked about a non-smoking room but was told none were available. We went to the room to see if we could stand it. The hall smelled like smoke but surprisingly our room did not. Besides that, the room was SPOTLESS. We found this hotel to be one of the cleanest EVER and I have stayed nearly 2000 nights in hotels around the world. This property completely changed my perception of Homewood Suites. Oh and I forgot to mention the meals. A hot breakfast every day and great hot dinner Mon-Thur evenings with beverages, adult and other. Could not find one complaint! Great staff and great hotel!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and we’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us – and even better that we changed your perception of the Homewood Suites brand! My team and I all work very hard to provide the best guest experience possible, and so enjoy hearing from satisfied guests.

Many thanks again, and should your travels bring you back to the Plano/Richardson area, we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed before and after a surgery date for a family member. Before surgery the hotel was perfect for us to stay relaxed with a beautiful pool, art sculptures and a homey feel. After surgery the extra living space was a welcome comfort and the hallways made excellent walking locations to build post surgery endurance. But most of all the staff were super friendly and accommodating of our unusual needs, including checking in 2 days sooner than planned after surgery.

1 Thank Gorica O
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Many thanks for the great review and I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during what sounds like could have been a stressful time. I do hope your family member is recovering well, and I’m glad our hotel met their needs for post-surgery recovery.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my team, as positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you again, and should your travels bring you back to the Plano area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We prepaid a reservation two months prior on Kayak.com for this property after researching it on Trip Advisor. We are also Hilton Honors members. I mention that because when we arrived, after a 4+ hour car trip with three young children, the manager said, "oh sorry, we're all booked up and couldn't bother trying to contact you because we didn't have your phone number." Well, I left my phone number with Kayak when I made the reservation, as well as my email, and my Hilton Honors member information has both of those things as well. They wanted to transfer us to a Hilton Garden Inn, which isn't the same level of room. We refused. They put us - after we requested - in another Hilton Homewood Suites 45 minutes away, but they could only accomodate us for one of the two nights of our trip, so we again had to move to another hotel. They initally offered us 10,000 points (which gets you nothing). We lobbied for two nights' worth of points, which they finally approved. When we arrived at the Homewood Suites in Frisco, they gave us a "gift bag" of snacks, basically rading the pantry, but sorry Hilton, that doesn't make up for having to pack up three kids, a travel crib, and move, not to mention staying farther away from our destination that weekend. All in all, this was a customer service disaster.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and on behalf of my team, I do apologize we were overbooked when your family checked in to our hotel, and were not able to honor your original reservation. I also apologize for the miscommunication in letting you know in a timely manner. I have discussed this situation with my team to ensure we always make every effort to notify our guests should a similar situation arise.

I understand how frustrating it is, after a long car ride, to find that you are unable to check-in to your room per your reservation; and further to have to relocate to an alternate hotel. I do hope you enjoyed your new accommodations in Frisco, and while the gift bag from the Suite Shop and Hilton HHonors points certainly doesn’t eliminate the situation, I hope it made your overall experience more enjoyable.

It is never our intention to displace guests, and I sincerely hope you will give our hotel another try should your travels bring you back to the Plano area. We would love for you and your family to experience our award-winning hotel.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
Cambria hotel & suites Plano - Frisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!