“Wedding Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Queens Village, New York
“Wedding Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were booked at this Hotel for a wedding, I was so impressed with the hotel and how clean it was. The room was ready when we checked in, we took a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. The room was so spacious it was great for the 4 of us that were sharing the room. It was nice to have the living room to hang out in the evening, but the room still afforded the right amount of privacy to make it comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast and even reception was incredible, every morning they were constantly replenishing the food and it was always hot and really went out of their way to get you anything you needed.

One afternoon we were at the pool, and we could not find the towels, the front desk took care of it in a matter of minutes, and brought the towels pool side for us.

It’s off the highway so that’s easy for getting there, it’s a quiet area in the evening, but there is a McDonald's and Burger King right next door, walking distance.

I would stay here again for sure, the place was amazing and the rate incredible, like home away from home.

2 Thank FJS0974
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review! It’s always rewarding to hear from satisfied guests, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that our two-bedroom suites are spacious and comfortable – perfect for a family or small group.

I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and evening reception, and that my team was helpful during your stay. We all work hard to provide our guests with a great experience, and it’s nice to hear when we’ve hit the mark.

Many thanks again, and should you travels bring you back to the Plano/Richardson area, we’ll look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, this hotel is awesome! The staff is very helpful and so nice! I had a two bedroom suite and it was as close to home comfort as you can get, I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our two-bedroom suites are our most spacious option, and we agree that they’re much more like home vs. a typical hotel room.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson!

Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was in Plano on business and brought my family along for the week. After a snafu with an incomplete reservation (my fault) I selected the Homewood Suites (HWS) even though they only had smoking rooms available because I needed a 2 Bedroom suite. When I walked through the front doors I was really impressed. The decor is fabulous! I asked about a non-smoking room but was told none were available. We went to the room to see if we could stand it. The hall smelled like smoke but surprisingly our room did not. Besides that, the room was SPOTLESS. We found this hotel to be one of the cleanest EVER and I have stayed nearly 2000 nights in hotels around the world. This property completely changed my perception of Homewood Suites. Oh and I forgot to mention the meals. A hot breakfast every day and great hot dinner Mon-Thur evenings with beverages, adult and other. Could not find one complaint! Great staff and great hotel!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and we’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us – and even better that we changed your perception of the Homewood Suites brand! My team and I all work very hard to provide the best guest experience possible, and so enjoy hearing from satisfied guests.

Many thanks again, and should your travels bring you back to the Plano/Richardson area, we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed before and after a surgery date for a family member. Before surgery the hotel was perfect for us to stay relaxed with a beautiful pool, art sculptures and a homey feel. After surgery the extra living space was a welcome comfort and the hallways made excellent walking locations to build post surgery endurance. But most of all the staff were super friendly and accommodating of our unusual needs, including checking in 2 days sooner than planned after surgery.

1 Thank Gorica O
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Many thanks for the great review and I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during what sounds like could have been a stressful time. I do hope your family member is recovering well, and I’m glad our hotel met their needs for post-surgery recovery.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my team, as positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you again, and should your travels bring you back to the Plano area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We prepaid a reservation two months prior on Kayak.com for this property after researching it on Trip Advisor. We are also Hilton Honors members. I mention that because when we arrived, after a 4+ hour car trip with three young children, the manager said, "oh sorry, we're all booked up and couldn't bother trying to contact you because we didn't have your phone number." Well, I left my phone number with Kayak when I made the reservation, as well as my email, and my Hilton Honors member information has both of those things as well. They wanted to transfer us to a Hilton Garden Inn, which isn't the same level of room. We refused. They put us - after we requested - in another Hilton Homewood Suites 45 minutes away, but they could only accomodate us for one of the two nights of our trip, so we again had to move to another hotel. They initally offered us 10,000 points (which gets you nothing). We lobbied for two nights' worth of points, which they finally approved. When we arrived at the Homewood Suites in Frisco, they gave us a "gift bag" of snacks, basically rading the pantry, but sorry Hilton, that doesn't make up for having to pack up three kids, a travel crib, and move, not to mention staying farther away from our destination that weekend. All in all, this was a customer service disaster.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and on behalf of my team, I do apologize we were overbooked when your family checked in to our hotel, and were not able to honor your original reservation. I also apologize for the miscommunication in letting you know in a timely manner. I have discussed this situation with my team to ensure we always make every effort to notify our guests should a similar situation arise.

I understand how frustrating it is, after a long car ride, to find that you are unable to check-in to your room per your reservation; and further to have to relocate to an alternate hotel. I do hope you enjoyed your new accommodations in Frisco, and while the gift bag from the Suite Shop and Hilton HHonors points certainly doesn’t eliminate the situation, I hope it made your overall experience more enjoyable.

It is never our intention to displace guests, and I sincerely hope you will give our hotel another try should your travels bring you back to the Plano area. We would love for you and your family to experience our award-winning hotel.

rak_canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed with 4 kids, beautiful 2 room suite. Clean, up to date, great staff. Delicious (but not gourmet) breakfast and dinner. Free beer and wine during dinner (5:30-7:30). It is the absolute excrement.

Caveat Emptor - This review may have been written after happy hour.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Many thanks for the review, and we’re so glad we turned out to be “the bomb” during your visit! Traveling with the family can sometimes be hectic, and I’m glad to hear you found our accommodations to be clean, beautiful and up-to-date – we all work very hard to keep them that way! And our evening reception – with complimentary beer and wine – is always a hit after a long day.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

A second visit at this magnificent hotel proved to be a great decision, yet again! When booking our room online, the 2-bedroom suite that we wanted was unavailable. Though, upon arrival, we were asked if we still desired the larger room and were accommodated accordingly...they made it a point to read the notes we included with our online reservation and PERSONALIZED the service...very impressive! From check-in to check-out all staff at this hotel were particularly pleasant and attentive! CLEAN, beautiful, comfortable rooms...great pool/hot tub and sport court/exercise facility...great breakfast...cannot comment on the evening reception since we visited Friday to Monday (A.M.). The location is GREAT...away from the hustle-and-bustle of Dallas, but close enough to get to all area attractions. I can completely understand why this is an "award-winning" hotel. This will be our 'go to' hotel when visiting the area...VERY accommodating, and wonderful all the way around!! THANK YOU FOR IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for the wonderful review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your second stay with us! We work hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate hearing when we’ve hit the mark. While your preferred accommodations were not available online, I am glad to hear my team was able to find a satisfactory alternative at check-in. It sounds like you and your family were able to enjoy many of our hotel’s amenities, including the pool/spa and outdoor sport court. Perhaps during your next visit, you can enjoy our evening reception!

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
Cambria hotel & suites Plano - Frisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!