“Prepaid reservation = no rooms”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Austin
“Prepaid reservation = no rooms”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We prepaid a reservation two months prior on Kayak.com for this property after researching it on Trip Advisor. We are also Hilton Honors members. I mention that because when we arrived, after a 4+ hour car trip with three young children, the manager said, "oh sorry, we're all booked up and couldn't bother trying to contact you because we didn't have your phone number." Well, I left my phone number with Kayak when I made the reservation, as well as my email, and my Hilton Honors member information has both of those things as well. They wanted to transfer us to a Hilton Garden Inn, which isn't the same level of room. We refused. They put us - after we requested - in another Hilton Homewood Suites 45 minutes away, but they could only accomodate us for one of the two nights of our trip, so we again had to move to another hotel. They initally offered us 10,000 points (which gets you nothing). We lobbied for two nights' worth of points, which they finally approved. When we arrived at the Homewood Suites in Frisco, they gave us a "gift bag" of snacks, basically rading the pantry, but sorry Hilton, that doesn't make up for having to pack up three kids, a travel crib, and move, not to mention staying farther away from our destination that weekend. All in all, this was a customer service disaster.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and on behalf of my team, I do apologize we were overbooked when your family checked in to our hotel, and were not able to honor your original reservation. I also apologize for the miscommunication in letting you know in a timely manner. I have discussed this situation with my team to ensure we always make every effort to notify our guests should a similar situation arise.

I understand how frustrating it is, after a long car ride, to find that you are unable to check-in to your room per your reservation; and further to have to relocate to an alternate hotel. I do hope you enjoyed your new accommodations in Frisco, and while the gift bag from the Suite Shop and Hilton HHonors points certainly doesn’t eliminate the situation, I hope it made your overall experience more enjoyable.

It is never our intention to displace guests, and I sincerely hope you will give our hotel another try should your travels bring you back to the Plano area. We would love for you and your family to experience our award-winning hotel.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
rak_canada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed with 4 kids, beautiful 2 room suite. Clean, up to date, great staff. Delicious (but not gourmet) breakfast and dinner. Free beer and wine during dinner (5:30-7:30). It is the absolute excrement.

Caveat Emptor - This review may have been written after happy hour.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Many thanks for the review, and we’re so glad we turned out to be “the bomb” during your visit! Traveling with the family can sometimes be hectic, and I’m glad to hear you found our accommodations to be clean, beautiful and up-to-date – we all work very hard to keep them that way! And our evening reception – with complimentary beer and wine – is always a hit after a long day.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A second visit at this magnificent hotel proved to be a great decision, yet again! When booking our room online, the 2-bedroom suite that we wanted was unavailable. Though, upon arrival, we were asked if we still desired the larger room and were accommodated accordingly...they made it a point to read the notes we included with our online reservation and PERSONALIZED the service...very impressive! From check-in to check-out all staff at this hotel were particularly pleasant and attentive! CLEAN, beautiful, comfortable rooms...great pool/hot tub and sport court/exercise facility...great breakfast...cannot comment on the evening reception since we visited Friday to Monday (A.M.). The location is GREAT...away from the hustle-and-bustle of Dallas, but close enough to get to all area attractions. I can completely understand why this is an "award-winning" hotel. This will be our 'go to' hotel when visiting the area...VERY accommodating, and wonderful all the way around!! THANK YOU FOR IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the wonderful review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your second stay with us! We work hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate hearing when we’ve hit the mark. While your preferred accommodations were not available online, I am glad to hear my team was able to find a satisfactory alternative at check-in. It sounds like you and your family were able to enjoy many of our hotel’s amenities, including the pool/spa and outdoor sport court. Perhaps during your next visit, you can enjoy our evening reception!

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

yukon, ok
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here Memorial Weekend. We traveled with 5 boys to visit a trampoline dodgeball facility in the area. Our reservation was for 2 rooms, 1 with 2 double beds, and the other a 2-room suite, with a king bed and a room with 2 double beds - reserved through Hilton Honors program. When we arrived, we didn't get the rooms reserved (even after calling the day before to confirm). However, the front desk was great, Giving us 3 rooms (even offering to give us 4). There were some other minor issues (no shampoo in 2 rooms, only 1 towel hook) but very minor and the staff was great with every request. The rooms were beautiful suites, beds VERY comfortable and the free breakfast was GREAT! The boys loved the basketball court, swimming pool and hot tub. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thanks very much for the review, and I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday weekend. I can imagine that traveling with five boys can be a handful, and I’m glad that my team was able to meet your needs. I do apologize for the mix-up with your rooms, but it sounds like overall you were pleased with your accommodations. I’m especially glad to hear that the boys enjoyed our outdoor sport court, pool and spa – with the onset of another hot Texas summer, the pool area will become a popular place for our guests.

Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed in a king room for 2 nights on the 4th floor for a business trip. The suite was surprisingly large and the bed was as comfortable as a hotel bed could be. There were 2 flat screen TVs one in both the bedroom and living area, too bad I didn't have time to even turn them on. The bathroom in the king room was large, although the shower was just your standard shower, I was happy that there was decent water pressure and lots of hot water. The hotel offered free wine and beer during the evening and free breakfast downstairs which had more options then most. It was a great place to stay and conventient for work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thanks for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of much of what our hotel has to offer, including the complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and evening reception. Hopefully next time you’ll have a little more time to explore our hotel – and to take in our expanded cable selection on our LCD HD TVs!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We visited family in the Dallas area for Thanksgiving 2011. After reading the reviews on here, I decided this was the place we needed to stay. We were not disappointed.

The hotel was spotless. It is difficult to find somewhere big enough for the whole family without everyone being piled on top of one another; but our suite was just what we hoped it would be. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed (except for a bottle opener, but we bought one of those).

The pool was gorgeous and made me wish we were visiting during the summer.

Complimentary breakfast is served daily and dinner Monday through Thursday. The meals were good. Our extended family would always try to get us to go to one of their homes for the evening meals, but we politely said no thank you and headed back to the hotel. We really hated to leave and will definitely stay here again the next time we visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review, and my staff and I are so glad you chose our hotel during your visit last November. I’ve forwarded your comments to my team, as they will all enjoy reading your feedback.

I’ve made sure that our front desk has several bottle openers on hand should any of our guests need one. If there is anything you need during a future stay, please just let us know. We will always do our best to accommodate you.

I do hope you and your family will be back during the warmer weather to enjoy our pool, and our outdoor Sport Court is available year-round for a pick-up game of basketball.

Thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Oakland Township, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I can't comment on the cost because the company paid for the room and I have no idea of the cost. The room was great. I had a king size bed (with 5 pillows) in a separate room from the living area and kitchen. There were flat screen TVs in the bedroom and the living room, but the cable selection was limited,. It did have a internet connection in the room with no cost plue a business room with 2 computers and printers at no cost. The kitchen appeared to be fully furnished but I only used the glasses and stored some ice teas in the frig. The housekeeping staff was excellent, in fact everyone I dealt with was excellent. The only problem that I ran into is that the shuttle took three of us golfing on a Saturday and did not tell us that latter that day there would not be a shuttle to pick us up, $24 dollars for a cab for a 4 mile ride. The price of the room included a breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was more that a continental breakfast and it was a buffet style and dinner was the same. There was only one entree for dinner. The food was good and if you went hungry it was your fault.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks very much for the thorough review – we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I’ve passed on your comments to my entire team, as I know they will appreciate the feedback. We all work very hard to provide a great experience, and always enjoy hearing from our guests.

I do apologize for the miscommunication with the shuttle pick-up; I have reviewed this with my staff to ensure we are always clearly communicating shuttle availability to our guests. Should you need to arrange shuttle pick-up before leaving the hotel, please feel free to let the front desk know. We will always do our best to accommodate you whenever possible.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Residence Inn Dallas Plano/Richardson
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!