“Good”

Add it.
Taj Chaat
Ranked #664 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Indian
Description: A surprise find due to a Yelp friend (we were in Plano for an appt and craving Indian) so we were OFF the beaten path w a vengeance! We walked into the Taj Chaat grocery with concern and straight to the back to their restaurant - relevelations in Indian food and 2 delightful meals later (masala dosa) with spinach dal and butter naan and a lovely chai tea - we will absolutely go back for more culinary surprises on the delightful side. TripAdvisor, can we start another category?? Let's call it something fun - Off the Beaten Trek, Local Yokels - that comes from those of us who VIEW our own home cities and states as unexplored adventures and share the good the bad and the ugly from the culinary viewpoint. You can reach me at starr@sbstractzebra.com - I'm starting a list of the places I can't post on our site which should me included like the fabulous City Kitchen (wrote you about them a few days ago) - renowned local caterers with INcredible mouth watering pesto chicken (they have a teeny eatery in their industrial park location, which. Is where their catering biz is located). Seriuously - this could be a WAY cool category to add that would be very beneficial for those traveling or like me, who want adventure at home as well as abroad. Cheers, s
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Food is really tasty.
Environment is ok.
Cleanliness is good.
All the food is not so tasty.
Overall it is just ok.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Taj Chats is a nice restaurant inside a huge Indian Groceries shop.
With reasonably priced,they have many options for Chats, both North India & South India foods.
Being a Vegetarian Restaurant ,Its a treat for Veggies.
I really the liked the chats especially Pani puri , Mixed chat & Gulab Jamun !!

At the Taj Groceries ,you can find everything to make any India Dish.

Overall its a One Stop for Best Indian Food & Complete Indian Groceries !!!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am a big fan of Indian food and the variety you can find from one region to another. This is a casual joint at the back of an Indian supermarket (called Taj Grocers) - not much going for it in terms of decor or ambiance, but the food has always been delicious and flavorful.

The service is alright - you are met with a smile (sometimes), but its always polite. The lady at the counter will mark your order on the order-forms and hand you a pager. You are paged (or more often, called out by the number) when you food is ready. The place is usually clean, but it probably wouldn't hurt to carry some hand sanitizers. During peak hours (Weekends and Evenings), it can take a while for them to clean the tables after each use. I prefer going there during non-peak hours to avoid the rush, the noise and the not-so-clean tables.

The food is delicious! Chaat (flavorful Indian street food), Dosas (South Indian delicacy) and Curries are all great and always fresh. This place is always full of Indian families, which is a great indicator of the authentic taste. The prices are pretty reasonable as well - $10-$15 per person with beverages and/or desserts. Overall, highly recommended!

Oh, BTW, they close early about 9PM and are closed on Tuesdays (I think!)

1  Thank coupleonavacation

Been to Taj Chaat? Share your experiences!