“Love this fantastic local Thai restaurant”

Ruang Thai Restaurant
Ranked #157 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food is great, eat in or take out! They will ask what level of spicy you want...if you are not sure, stay at 1 or 2 because if you like it hot, it will be! Generous portions and amazing Thai curries!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I liked the overall decor in this place. Very quite and cozy feeling. The owner was very nice and courteous. I suggest ordering level 1 or 2, if you have low tolerance for hot food. Three was excessive and could not even taste the food. Tom Yum soup was okay, nothing extra. The duck rolls were good but little bit more of meat would be great. Pad thai was ordinary and yellow curry was good.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I found this place about 18 months ago, and I have never been disappointed since my first food purchase.

The proprietor is extremely soft spoken and she is so lovable, she makes everyone feel welcomed.

The flavors are so rich and unique, with as many Thai restaurants in the area these subtle authentic Thai flavors are a welcome change from the typical commercial Thai place.

The prices are very affordable and the atmosphere is great for lunch or dinner. Very clean, not noisy, I rate this spot highly.

I suggest the Pad Pa Ram (peanut sauce dish) or the Panang is also quite tasty.

Try it and I assure you it won't be disappointing!

1  Thank TriniShawn
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We searched endlessly trying to find a good Thai location near us (Plano). We tried about 10 diff restaurants in Collin County before finding this place. BEST THAI! I always get the Pad Thai. The spicy levels are 1-5 with 5 being extremely spicy. I always get a 4 because a 3 isn't all that hot (I love spicy food so if you don't normally get spicy food...I would recommend a 2 or 3). The service is incredible. So glad we found this place!

2  Thank Janeth I
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I would offer to buy your meal if you said you had more fresher tasting food. Wink, wink. Really its invigorating with fresh flavor . Tom gua soup is a must, spring rolls with peanut sauce the sauce has a hint of peach to it mmm GREEN CURRY CHICKEN just get it! You'll see :)

2  Thank brotherron6