“It's a clean room and a bed to sleep in”

Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Long Valley, New Jersey
“It's a clean room and a bed to sleep in”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Obviously a high traffic commuter hotel, the staff was unfortunately rude and could care less. I don't expect much from front desk staff but don't act like I'm doing you a favor checking in to your limited service hotel, especially in an area saturated with many other choices. Room was clean and parking was free. That's about all I can say.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank TexKeystone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

There was nothing really wrong with this property there was nothing outstanding either. There are two types of Hampton's those who work hard to present a great product and those that just get by; this Hampton is the later.
Reception area is very nice but the staff is not welcoming or friendly. I am accustomed to a staff that greets you and uses your name. That does not happen here. The reception was business like and successful but not at all welcoming. Rooms are fine but the toiletries are minimal and the old style.
Breakfast was boring and again minimal. Very poor eggs and very few additional choices without the mixed fruits or a variety of pastries (none).
The property is one of the more expensive Hampton's and I did not find that the price for the stay was justified. I will probably stay elsewhere unless it is central to my business needs.

1 Thank rszAtlanta_Ga
Matthew E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear: rszAtlanta_Ga

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn in Plano TX. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hampton Inn in Plano and we cant wait to see you again. Hopefully your visit with family went well. If we can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact us.

Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean quiet and all the usual Hampton inn amenities. Very Good value and very friendly and accommodating staff.
If you don't have a car it's a bit isolated but they shuttled me to Nearby restaurant for dinner so worked out fine.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Carl K
Dear: Carl K

Thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn in Plano TX. We look forward to seeing you when you return.

El Paso, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

On my last business trip, I came back from an entire day of meetings only to find out that my room was not made. The cleaning lady showed me her workorders and my room was not even listed! Also, the floor in the main lobby was not moped after breakfast. Sticky residue all over the place.

1 Thank Anai P
Dear: AnaiP

I am very sorry that you room was not cleaned upon your return for the day. I have spoken with my front desk team so that this does not happen in the future. Your feedback as a valued guest is very important to me and it will be used to make effective changes within the hotel. If I can do anything else for you please feel free to contact me.

Harrison, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I am a Hampton snob...I stay exclusively at Hampton when possible. The hotel was nicely appointed - the staff was awesome - clean, clean, clean as is always the case at Hampton Inn. However, they do need to replace their mattresses. I was so ready for the usual wonderful bed - and was extremely disappointed when I laid down. It was not what I am used to at all...Other than that - I was satisfied - but probably won't stay there again until they upgrade.

Dear: KATHYD

Thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn in Plano TX. I am sorry that your mattress was not as comfortable as you are used to. I hope that you will come back and try us out when you are in the area in the future. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Weatherford, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent place to stay if this is part of town that you need or want to be in. I have stayed here on other occassions and would stay here again. Clean convenient and very friendly staff. Easy access to the toll road.

1 Thank Bruce A
Matthew E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear: Bruce A

Thank you very much for staying with us at Hampton Inn Plano and for taking the time to let other travelers know how great your stay was. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and amenities. We can't wait to see you again when you come through the Plano area.

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were there in Dallas for Medical Purposes. This is not included in your survey choices. We think that your breakfast could be a little higher quality, but was okay overall. Room was nice. The comforters on the top of the beds were way too heavy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear: James H

Thank you very much for staying with us at Hampton Inn in Plano. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am working diligently to provide our guest with a better breakfast product. I hope that when you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us. I hope that your trip home was uneventful and all of your medical procedures are behind you.