“Clean Hotel OK Location”

Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was a clean hotel located approximately 5-6 miles from two major shopping areas and in the heart of some smaller ones. Hotel was clean room was Ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Alex F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Good morning! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We consistently receive high marks on our cleanliness here and it is because we have a great staff who love taking care of our guests!
Alex

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Hotel Is OK but very poorly maintained.
Breakfast very poor choice.

Staff was nice but did not have a maintenance person on site to fix the problem with my room.

Room Tip: Try another hotel in this area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Alex F, Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Just a note from the manager's desk...I am very sorry that you experienced a leak in your room. However, I am more concerned that you experienced an unresponsive staff. The leak has been addressed and we are working with the staff to maintian a positive and concerned outlook with respect to our customers needs. Thank you for sharing with us and we hope to have you back at the Hampton Inn Plano where we are pledged to provide excellent customer service to every guest.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Typical, remodeled Hampton Inn. Smallish room size but still comfortable. Breakfast was average with cereal, oatmeal, waffles and 1 hot egg dish each morning. The place that made this Hampton Inn stand out was the staff. Very nice and accomodating check-in, very fast check out, but the shuttle driver is awesome. Shuttled parts of our group to and from our office and even out to dinner. While hanging out in the lobby, he'd always check in and see if we needed something and if we did, he took care of it.
Only negative was the workout room. It was pretty small with no free weights. Not a big deal this trip as there was not much free time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank slosh26

Thank you for your kind reviews! The most wonderful part of my job is being with you, the customer! I still can't believe they pay me to have this much fun! I look forward to having you back at our hotel!

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My family and I stayed here on a recent weekend. The rooms are OK - a little small and dark, but clean enough. It should be noted that the website specified 2 queen beds when we made our reservation, but we got 2 doubles. Asked the front desk about it and was told they do not have queen beds.

Their breakfast buffet needs some work. We got down there at 8:30 (well before the ending time of 10) and found dried-out eggs, sale biscuits and gluey gravy in the hot tray. I asked the attendant if they were going to put any new eggs out and she told me no. No apology, no explanation, just no. (A few minutes later, I asked this same attendant if they had any plastic knives, since the bin was empty, and she acted very put out at having to find some. Ths is the attendant who worked on the morning of Dec. 31, 2011, if anyone at the hotel is reading this.) The rest of the breakfast buffet was sparse, with just a few baked goods, some bruised apples, and old cereal. It dd not appear that many people were staying at the hotel that day, but that is not an excuse to feed the few present guests old food.

The location is good, near the turnpike and lots of shopping.

We will probably stay in the Plano area again in the coming months, but we will look for other accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank muffinmaven

Just a note to say thank you for your honest comments about our breakfast. We took a deep dive into this area after your review and identified several area's for improvement. I am happy to report that we are currently experiencing much improved customer satisfaction after we retooled the breakfast. Thank you for the help! I look forward to serving you breakfast soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very clean, well appointed. Breakfast was very good, with waffles and eggs and a breakfast meat every morning. The attendant was very nice and kept the area very clean and well stocked. We will stay again when we're in the area!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Over the holidays we had relatives who wanted to spend the night at a hotel near our house. We picked the Hampton Inn since I normally stay at one while I am on business. I suggest this place for several reasons: only 17 miles North of Dallas, Plano is the safest city in the USA (according to Forbes), great Resturants near by, easy access via tollway or by roads, great shopping near by. The front desk staff was first rate and the rooms were very clean. I suggest this place highly

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My third floor room was worn...kinda had a dirty feel to it...and when I went over to turn the HVAC wall unit on at 1:15 AM, it tripped the smoke alarm by filling up the room with soot. I shut the wall unit off and called down to the front desk who told me it probably hadn't been used in awhile. Ya think? Nice for me to be the one who tests the heater. Now I'm really woken up, the whole room stinks, and there's no way I'm turning that HVAC back on. Nice location for the hotel with nearby restaurants. The check-in employees were very friendly. But the walls are thin and its true cheapness was discovered with a wall unit you'd expect to find at a Red Roof. Stay here for 2-star quality at a 3-star price ($135/nt).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business