“Terrible. See list below.”

TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
“Terrible. See list below.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

* Have to make a left turn over 6 lanes of traffic to get out of the hotel (If headed towards Frisco). There is no traffic light and it was stressful to get out everyday.
* Stagnant water left in dishwasher and mildew in bottom corners upon arrival. I did not feel comfortable washing my dishes in this.
* Barely any kitchen utensils
* Running toilet
* AC units not working properly (staff unfriendly and unhelpful with this)
* Watched a staff member empty an outside ash tray full of water and butts onto the ground, next to the picnic tables where guests congregate.
* Staff unconcerned about wet carpet from an overflowing toilet. The carpet was left uncleaned, resulting in the room smelling like sewage for a week+.
* Couches in rooms need to be thrown away. They are disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Plano for 25 nights in August 2012. I was in the area on business. I usually stay at a lower-end hotel (e.g., Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn) but I wanted to be able to cook. TownePlace advertised that it had in-room kitchenettes with cookware, plates, utensils, etc., and the price was perfect. So I chose to stay here.

TownePlace Suites is located in a quiet area just off of Preston Road and Spring Creek Parkway in West Plano. The location is perfect for offices in Plano (especially the Legacy area), Frisco and North Dallas. The hotel may even be considered for offices in the Las Colinas/North Irving area, although it is a bit of a drive. I had to drive to Dallas (Park Cities) several times, and the traffic wasn't bad as long as I left before 6:45 AM and returned before 5:00 PM. However, a car is essential. Although the hotel had a limited shuttle service, I did not use it as I had my car with me. There are a few restaurants, including a Starbucks, about one kilometer south on Preston although it wouldn't have been pleasant to walk there in the August heat in Dallas.

I stayed in a one-room suite. In addition to the basics, the suite had a small walk-in closet, a small kitchenette, a sofa, a large flat-screen TV and a work area desk. The work area, which had a large working desk and storage areas, was the best I have seen in a hotel. I couldn't get the wired internet to work, although the wireless internet worked very well.

The kitchenette had a small refrigerator, an electric cooktop and oven, a toaster, a coffee maker, and a (rather noisy) dishwasher. Three sets of bowls, plates, glasses, cups and utensils were provided. There were pots of several sizes, a measuring cup, several serving utensils, and a collander. There were also packets of coffee and tea, although I did not use them. I did my grocery shopping at the Tom Thumb or Kroger (Parker Road at North Dallas Tollway), and I was able to prepare my dinner almost every night.

The room was cleaned thoroughly and the towels were replaced every day. Although the hotel says that the sheets are replaced once a week, the bed was made so expertly each day that I usually couldn't tell when the sheets were replaced. The air conditioner, which was located below the window and was also noisy, was adequate to keep the room cool during the August heat in Dallas. I experienced a slow drain on the tub, but the hotel solved the problem within 15 minutes of my reporting it.

The hotel serves a breakfast in a small room off of the check-in desk. The breakfast was typical for an American hotel: assorted cereals and milk; bagels, toast and make-your-own waffle; coffee, tea and juices. It was perfectly adequate. The lady overseeing the breakfast room was very friendly, very attentive and very helpful.

For laundry, there are two coin-operated washers and two coin-operated dryers in a small room near the breakfast room. The washers cost $1, and the dryers are $1.25, in quarters. One can also buy detergent and dryer sheets from a vending machine in the room. Again, the facilities were perfect for me as I was able to do my laundry once a week and save money. One concern I had is that the dryers operated very hot regardless of the setting, so one of my polo shirts shrunk after two washes.

The building and facilities look very, very clean and well maintained. I did not use the small gym and the small pool, so I can't comment on these. Every staff member I saw was very friendly and I was always asked whether there was anything that could be done to make my stay better.

One thing to be aware of is that the hotel will charge the credit card the balance every time it reaches $500. Although I didn't see this while making my reservation, the hotel, in fairness, displayed a notice to that effect at the check-in desk, so it didn't come as a surprise to me. The final accounting was accurate. This practice did not affect me although it might affect someone who stayed for longer and/or didn't get reimbursed for expenses until after the trip was complete.

In summary, my stay at TownePlace Suites was very pleasant and enjoyable. I recommended this hotel to my company, and I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IC2011
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hotel off the main road in Plano. Just a couple of miles from mall and all restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Staff actually took the time to show me workout room and breakfast. Not that it was hard to find, the fact that someone actually walked around the counter. Does not happen very often.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Marlinem75
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It's located off of a busy road in the newer part of Plano, but feels very residential when you're at the hotel. If I was staying for a long (month+) stay, I could see how appealing this hotel would be. It's a pretty easy drive to get anywhere and there are lots of new outdoor mall and shopping / eating areas nearby. However, you definitely need a car because nothing is really in walking distance.

The rooms are the typical TownePlace Suites with kitchenette, but the studios in this hotel are quite a bit bigger than I've encountered before. While not brand new, they seemed to be well taken care of and everything functioned properly. The bathroom was on the small side, but not unreasonably so.

The pool was small and only had 3 lounge chairs (not enough for the size of hotel) and could have used a good cleaning - lots of bugs and debris in it. The breakfast was your typical fare including the waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, and mostly pastries / cereal / yogurt - thanks for including Greek yogurt! There is a separate room for this and an attendant on hand if anything runs out.

The parking lot was not huge, but we never had a problem finding somewhere to park. The wireless internet also worked well throughout our stay.

The staff was mostly hit and a couple of big misses. I thought the evening and night staff were great, but the young lady on the weekends often looked confused and didn't seem empowered to answer any questions or solve problems. I also had a couple of small issues involving the maintenance guy and he was terribly rude.

It's a pretty good choice for Plano or if you're working on a shorter contract in the area and need an extended stay choice that feels more apartment-like than hotel-like.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OpEd
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 5, 2012

A single could live in this nice room. The little kitchen had a four burner stove, larger ice box, dish washer, service for three, etc. etc. Very clean nice quiet room at a fair price. Friendly front desk at arrival and departure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CQ80Meters
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am happy with my stay here but just the staff are incapable to provide proper internet service during my stay. When I have extended my stay in Suites initially, they should have informed the internet provider know about it. But everytime the internet used to DROP and no wireless service at all. When I would call the reception, they would connect me to service provider and to get the wireless work at my suite, I should be on hold for hours in a day and wouldn't get internet at all. They would say ''you will get a call back, but no call''.I should cal and ask the reception to send some dishwasher powder,creamer for coffee and soaps. Once asked wasn't getting it untill the next day when someone would come to clean the room. The reply from the reception to the above information will be - there is no staff, so can you come down and pick the things. I am happy with my stay there but just the few services weren't good there at this stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deepu_pappa
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed there twice, the help desk and cleaning service are very friendly
The place is very quiet, clean.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business