“I would stay again”

Holiday Inn Express Dallas North Tollway (N Plano)
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Plano
“I would stay again”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We thought we got a suite but it ended up being a regular room. The hotel clerk immediately fixed the issue. They haven't upgraded their tv's to flat screens yet. That is a personal preference really. Overall, the room was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here one night this past weekend. Front desk staff was warm and friendly. Hotel has very cool modern lighting. Room was very clean. For a 10-year old hotel, very little sign of wear and tear on the room. Hotel was not busy so it was a quiet night. Bed very comfortable with a selection of pillows. Free wi-fi was sometimes quite slow. Excellent rate. Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express fare, but they did have a fresh pancake machine I'd never seen anywhere before. Don't drink the OJ; it tastes like Tang. And, you may want picante for your scrambled eggs as they are very bland.

Be aware that your GPS may send you to the wrong location for this hotel. (It sent me to the mall.) The hotel is on the west side frontage road of the tollway between Chappel Hill and W Parker.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank brngckn
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed October 10, 2011

You get your normal expectations from a Holiday Inn Express with the comfy beds and such but with a more upgraded, swanky style. Love the lobby, breakfast area, and room decor. Staff has greeted me everytime I've walked in the door.

Very close to customers that I visit in the area and close to everything that I could possibly need including a Super Target, mall shopping, and tons of eating places. I will be staying here in the future.

Had a shuttle that will take you within 5 miles of the hotel anywhere. I didn't check out the business center but the fitness room has more of a selection of equipment than the normal 1-2 cardio machines. Had some weight type machines in there, also. And an outdoor pool.

Only improvement would be to have a mini fridge hidden in the cabinet. Even if it's one of the uber small ones just to keep drinks/snacks in. Perhaps some of the other upgraded/suite type rooms have them. I have a normal king room.

Room Tip: I'm sure any room is great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank southernfoodiegirl
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here the night before we moved since all our stuff was in storage. This was our first time at a Holiday Inn Express. We usually stay at the more known and advertised hotels such as the Marriott, but his company set us up here. We were actually quite impressed with the updated decor, the comfortable bed, the amenities and the cleanliness. To top that off, breakfast was an added bonus as well. You can make your own pancakes by pressing a button (which my husband did and I tasted) or get the usual breakfast items such as cereal, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs and pastries. After this experience, we might look into staying at more Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank g8rb878
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hotel gave hospitality that made me feel home away from home. The management staff was very warm and cordial. The stay provides excellent ambience and timely room service. Another advantage that it is located at walking distance from Kroger store, Willowbend mall, thus basic necessities, grocery items were easily accessable. I eagerly look forward to stay in Holiday Inn express again in future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AmbrishSimi
New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

After a recent renovation, this hotel has turned into a very nicely appointed, affordable place to stay when working in Plano. Friendly staff. Tue/Wed manager's reception. Very near several good restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was my first visit to Plano for my upcoming surgery. Initially, I booked this hotel because of the rates and availability for my trip. While staying, I toured a few other hotels in the area. This hotel is the best choice! The rooms are clean. The staff is professional, courteous and very helpful. The breakfast is plentiful and great tasting. The workout room is adequately stocked. The floor space is more spacious than other local establishments.

I had a challenge with the Texas Tollway and my Rental Car company. Not only did the hotel staff help me solve it, but they asked about it the next day. I would not expect them to remember my individual challenges, much less check into them later! Great work!

Did not use the pool and there is not spa, so I did not rate those items. Trip Advisor really should have a not available option in addition to not sure.

Room Tip: Call ahead.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo