Holiday Inn Express Dallas North Tollway (N Plano)
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Plano
New York
“Job Well Done!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

After a recent renovation, this hotel has turned into a very nicely appointed, affordable place to stay when working in Plano. Friendly staff. Tue/Wed manager's reception. Very near several good restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was my first visit to Plano for my upcoming surgery. Initially, I booked this hotel because of the rates and availability for my trip. While staying, I toured a few other hotels in the area. This hotel is the best choice! The rooms are clean. The staff is professional, courteous and very helpful. The breakfast is plentiful and great tasting. The workout room is adequately stocked. The floor space is more spacious than other local establishments.

I had a challenge with the Texas Tollway and my Rental Car company. Not only did the hotel staff help me solve it, but they asked about it the next day. I would not expect them to remember my individual challenges, much less check into them later! Great work!

Did not use the pool and there is not spa, so I did not rate those items. Trip Advisor really should have a not available option in addition to not sure.

Room Tip: Call ahead.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I had three medical procedures during my thirteen day stay at Holiday Inn near the Texas Back Institute. Every single one of the room maids, the maintenance man and the morning breakfast worker were polite, efficient and kind. They went out of their way to help me. This characterized especially the attitude of Rick the hotel manager and Tisha one of the front desk employees.
I was ill, had surgery, and my wife could not be with me. This is why the help of everyone was so important. .

Room Tip: tell the staff why your there,
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express N. Plano is very convenient to the freeway but was very quiet. Never heard any traffic at all nor any neighbors. The mall is just down the feeder road and there are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The breakfast is an important consideration for us since we don't like to waste precious time in the morning. Once again, the Express came through with a great breakfast, properly stocked and maintained by a gracious hostess. The only negative was it didn't have a frig. Having stayed at lots of other chains in many cities over the years, we've decided that HIExpress is our favorite chain: consistently clean, comfortable, good breakfast, reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I believe my experience would have been better if their employees would have been able to drive to work. One day my room didn't even get cleaned up, but they should have at least replaced my towels and trash. I was also a bit disturbed with the breakfast attendant. I'm allergic to poultry and asked what kind of meat was in the sausage. She said she didn't know and then told me it was pork. I can't be taking chances on being sick, but I believe there might have been a language barrier. I had a 2 star experience, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and giving them a 3 because the place has been completely redone and looks real nice!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Bed bugs enough said, poor service from the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3101_HIEPlano, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dallas North Tollway (N Plano), responded to this review, March 22, 2011
First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconviences that you experienced at our hotel throughout your stay.
We pride ourselves on our always helpful and enthusiastic staff. We would like to inform you that we have our rooms professionally inspected once a month and that the insect you came upon, mostly likely was a beetle since they are very common in this area. Their are no signs of bed buggs throughout the property, even though they are commonly transported or carried in through guest and their luggage. Once more, I would like to apologize for any inconviences you incurred.

Yours in hospitality,

Holiday Inn Express Management Team
navasota
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stay at the Holiday inn in Plano every week. They have had mechanical problems (elevator and ac in one room) but overall the staff is great and the hotel is clean. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3101_HIEPlano, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dallas North Tollway (N Plano), responded to this review, December 13, 2010
We are so pleased that you choose to stay with us on a weekly basis. Our staff takes pride in creating relationships with our guests as well as placing value on guests like you who make opportunities for our team to improve in service and assistance. Our maintenance team can assure for your next visit that any issues that you may encounter will be attended to promtly and with the utmost care. Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express, Plano West, and we look foward to see you again, as our esteemed continued guest.