“Great People!”

Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed February 3, 2014

When my business colleague and I pulled up to this property last Thursday night, the valets were hopping! It was busy. So imagine our surprise when the property's Assistant General Manager welcomed us and offered to help with our bags.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I was a guest of this property as I was on tourism business in Plano, but at this point, no one knew who I was. Way to go, Marriott! Everything else about our stay was perfect. I have always loved the Marriott's pillows. I sure wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for creating a great impression BEFORE you knew I wasn't paying for my room.

Room Tip: I have it on good authority that if you forget your earbuds, they have complimentary ones in the hot...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Plano_Marriott, Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate your comments regarding the valet service and comfort of the pillows in your room. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back again!

- Don Jacober, Director of Hotel Operations

There are newer reviews for Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very nice hotel, great location! The Beds are so hard my husband and I couldn't sleep!!! They are terrible!! Unbelievable for Marriott! We will never stay here again! Vending machines were not working and it took an hour for them to bring us bottled water!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank nikkijo72
Plano_Marriott, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

I’m so very sorry to hear your husband was unable to sleep due to our beds and the ice-machine wasn’t working on your floor. I know how frustrating that can be. I really appreciate your feedback and may I invite you to contact me directly so we can further discuss at
mhrs.dalpt.gm@marriott.com

We completed a rooms renovation last summer and had all our bedding replaced so this is disappointing to hear. I look forward to hearing from you .

Mary Lavelle, General Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel was great the rooms were spacious and the people was nice made you fill like home. I would recomend this hotel to stay at if you are visting anywhere in plano and dallas area. My child like the pool and heated whirpool outside.

Room Tip: These rooms are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Plano_Marriott, Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! We love making those personal connections and ensuring that you do feel as if you are home. We look forward to welcoming back home soon!

- Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Love this property, you simply cannot beat the location. We arrived way early and were able to check in and were placed in a room with the perfect view of the fountain in the pond across the street. A little kindness goes a long way, the front desk woman appreciated it and so did I. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfy. What you're really paying for is location and not a bad sense of arrival. There was nothing to complain about this stay, we stay here once a year and sometimes you may have a complaint or two but only sometimes. I cannot comment on their restaurants, there are so many in the area we never eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the fountain or at the least the pond
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano_Marriott, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your time with us. I will share your comment with our Front Office team, and let them know how much you appreciated the early check in and sense of arrival. We know that a positive stay starts with the arrival experience. Please let me know if you are ever back in the area, and thank you for choosing our hotel and our brand.

Kindest Regards,

- Mary Lavelle, General Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. Due to point status with Marriott, we were upgraded to a suite, which was absolutely fantastic. There were 2 distinct rooms, closed off by a proper door. Having 1 1/2 bathrooms was also fabulous. The living room area had comfortable furniture (I find that most hotels place furniture just to be looked at, not actually used) and we even conducted a business meeting in it. There was a mini-bar with a small fridge and the half-bath so it was perfectly suited for our purposes. Employees of the valet service were also quite attentive and do a great job.

The only reason this hotel doesn't get 5-stars is that the restaurant was so freezing cold (we stayed during an ice storm but that's no excuse) we were seated near a space heater! In addition, the business lounge is quite small for a hotel of this size and the business center was lacking. Technology is changing so rapidly that it would be appropriate to upgrade the computers and printers every 6-12 months. While most of us traveling for business have our own computers, there are occasions when access to a desk top is necessary. A printer is even more frequently necessary and I found it difficult to work with.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite; it's marvelous.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your suite. I really do apologize for the heating issue you experienced in our restaurant. Due to the extreme cold weather, the heater failed. I just wanted to let you know it has since be taken care of. I shared your comment regarding the business center and printer with our IT department. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel! Please let me know if you are back in the area so that I may ensure your future stay is perfect!

-Mary Lavelle, General Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We booked this with our points. Very nice place to stay. Newer and very up to date. As usual, the best thing about Marriott properties are the people, from the front desk, to the bartenders to the maids (who even greeted us with a "good morning".

Rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Bathroom is comparatively large, but with only one sink. Bed was great. My only complain was the television. Half the channels didn't work. And six sports channels? Maybe lessen that by two or three and include some other channels?

Location is good, right off 121 so there is a lot around. No views to speak of. And you have to pay for parking, although $14 a day isn't outrageous (free on weekends).

All in all I would go back and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Where it is located I wouldn't think one room has a better/worse view than any of the others. I...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano_Marriott, Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We truly appreciate your positive comments about the hotel, staff service and location. In addition, we are definately going to take a look at the TV channel issues you experienced.

Thank you again for choosing the Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for a few days for a business conference & the rooms, conference center, food & some of the staff were average at best. I was slightly disappointed with check in, just being handed my meeting envelope, barely a smile, and being waved toward the elevator. No information about what amenities were available, no direction on where the gym/pool/spa area was, nothing. When asked what was in the area within walking distance re: drug stores, since I did not have a car, I was pointed in the direction of the gift shop, which was closed at the time, and then given a map of the Legacy shops & a store was pointed out on the map. My room was a basic hotel room with king size bed: no mini fridge; bathroom was clean, even thought the setup is a little odd, as you practically have to shut the door to sit on the toilet, or else the door will hit your knees. I was not impressed with the missing cap on one of the faucet handles of the since, nor the obvious touch-up repairs in the bathtub. As with other reviewers, housekeeping was hit or miss. The first day, it was excellent, everything neat, clean, put away. The second day, the bed only looked like it was made, as the sheets were wrinkly and had some spots on them from drinks that had been dripped while in bed & the trash cans emptied. Dirty glasses that were not put in the sink were not taken away, nor were half full cans of pop. There was a hair that stayed on my mirror (it was mine from blowdrying while watching TV) for the full 4 days I was there. Also, the coffee table had cup rings & sticky on it from day one. Disappointing for a hotel that deals with busines people. Our conference rooms were just ok, and I was shocked when I was told that they had just gone through renovations because one of the doors was completely missing a handle, and some of the furniture looked very, very worn. The salt scrub in the bathroom by the conference rooms was a very nice touch, however. We ate at the Copper Bottom Grille & also at Chaddick's a few times. It was typical hotel food, nothing special here & for the usual hotel prices. I probably would pass on staying here if I came on my own to the Frisco/Plano area, primarily for the average service & also for the $14.00 self parking in the garage...wow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the parking garage; the room will be darker & quieter at ni...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Ms. Klarissa,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your business meeting. I’m deeply saddened that you did not experience a warm welcome on arrival and we failed to deliver an exceptional experience in many other areas as well. I would really appreciate it if we can discuss further. May I invite you to contact me directly mhrs.dalpt.gm@marriott.com

Kindest regards,