Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
$104
$125
CambriaHotels
$106
Candlewood Suites Plano-Frisco(Plano)(Great Value!)
$85
$87
$97
$115
$107
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites(Plano)(Great Value!)
$99
$87
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsself parkinghospitality suiteper dayroom servicehighly recommend this propertygreat areabeautiful hotelfamily weddingbreakfast buffetbusiness triprooms are nicebusiness or pleasurethe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just spent a night at this Marriott because I pass by it often, and it's a great location just off the North Dallas Tollway and Legacy Drive in Plano. With plenty of restaurants within walking distance, you have choices of Mexican, Italian, American, and Asian. I thought I would take the opportunity to stay one night and review the property. This is a Marriott Corporate property so it is run pretty much true to form as all Corporate properties are. Unfortunately, Friday night the Concierge Lounge was closed as they usually are, but there was no access to the lounge with your Platinum or Gold access card because it is locked up tight. I did hear that during the week it has the standard Marriott Concierge eats, which include a lot of finger foods that I got burned out on at so many properties. Still, the best Concierge Lounge is the Marriott South at Hobby Airport in Houston. They should all take a lesson from them.This is an up to date Marriott with a small lake and fountain on the east side on the square, so that is the best side to choose if possible. The staff here were all excellent, as they are at 99% of all Marriott's. I had the opportunity to eat at both restaurants, one for dinner, and the other for a breakfast buffet. The food was great, and comparably priced to the area restaurants. The service was pretty good, but understaffed, especially at breakfast. I found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable, but a bit on the plain side for a property this nice. The closet was very small, so if you plan to stay more than a few days, a few suits and shirts will be fine. If you're there for a while don't plan on hanging much in the closet. Noise was not a factor as the romms are very quiet, and well insulated from outside noise. There is a large flat screen HD TV, and an excellent work area with a comfortable ergonomic chair. I did have one major problem, and that was the air conditioning. It was a warm day out yeasterday, and I like to sleep in a cold room, but this room never cooled down, even set on 65 degrees. I was too tired to deal with maintenance that late in the evening, so fortunately, I had a balcony with a sliding door. I opened the sliding door and was able to get a breeze which helped cool things down at night. At checkout, I brought the air conditioning to the attention of the front desk supervisor, and he was gracious enough to give me extra reward points. To my fellow Elite Members, you all know those are like gold. There is a fee for parking, and for valet service, but I was fortunate to find a parking spot on the street right behind the hotel in front of the parking garage. With all that said, would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely, without a doubt. Would I stay there again? Certainly. I would give them two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have the best view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bill925
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights in Room 693 (Club Level) in mid-March. There are a few 6th floor rooms with balconies (this was not one of them), and our stay would have been enhanced by requesting one. The facilities are great - well-kept hotel, spacious gym, nice outdoor pool setting, pleasant Club Level Lounge. The staff were also very friendly -- when they responded. On our first night, we had to call twice to get an engineer to fix the television. On our second day, the At Your Service attendant failed to enter our room service order into the system -- resulting in over an hour's delay on the food (after we called a second time). And, similarly, the valet's misplaced our ticket when we went to retrieve our car. In each case the staff member apologized (and the lunch was comped) -- but the hotel did not appear anywhere close to sold out, so it is hard to understand how there could be three whiffs within 2 days. In any event, we are loyal Marriott patrons and would stay here again. The setting was lovely - in front of a small lake and surrounded by a number of great restaurants within walking distance. Next time, however, we'll make sure to request a balcony room and order our food a little earlier than we need to!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FirstMate
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just finished a 5 night stay and can't wait to come back! Rooms are great, location is the best, but the service by the staff and management is outstanding! The staff found exactly the type of room and location that I like and everyone, from the front desk staff to the valet desk have been so friendly. I can't recommend this property high enough!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels. This Marriott is by far the best Marriott in the USA that I have stayed at. The staff are excellent, the rooms are comfortable and clean. Both the restaurant and the Bar have great food, although, I would suggest they are over priced.

Overall this hotel is fantastic

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, it can be a long walk
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a one night stay for business, but it was also a great getaway!
The staff here was friendly, and helpful. The bed was super comfortable.
This hotel is walking distance from the office that I was visiting, but they do also have a shuttle for the surrounding area, so that was very convenient.

There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance, as well as a movie theater, and of course a Starbucks.

The gym and pool area were also nice. It was probably 45 degrees out, and I still went outside to the outdoor hot tub, and it was very relaxing. The pool was heated, and steaming in the cool night air.

Room Tip: A room facing the lake is very nice.