“Great Location”

Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Perfect location for walking to shops, bars and restaurants! Everything was very clean and comfortable and the food was good! The outside pool area is nice too... had a chance to sit and relax in the warm December air. The sauna wasn't working when I was there but wasn't a big deal to me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank imrunninglate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really like this hotel. I come to Plano a lot for business and would stay here more if I could. Unfortunately, it often disappears from my company's "preferred" hotel listings.

This hotel has a southwestern feel to it on the outside. It's fairly new, the rooms are nicely appointed, and has a large conference space.

The workout room is large and the pool is exterior - which is great for the summertime heat. On my most recent stay, which was leisure rather than business, I called ahead to see if an upgrade was available (am Platinum Elite). They gave my wife and I a king suite with complimentary breakfast at their restaurant.

There are 2 restaurants on site. Copper Bottom is for Breakfast/Lunch. Chaddick's is for dinner/drinks.

The hotel is quite large and can be a bit of a walk to the room if your at the end of the hall.

All of Legacy Town Center is within walking distance of this hotel, and it also offers complimentary shuttle service if you'd prefer. The shuttle service goes to all the corporate areas w/in a few mile radius (Pepsico, Dr. Pepper/Snapple, Capital One, HP, etc). I have stayed here and skipped renting a car due to shuttles and close proximity restaurants.

Drawbacks of this hotel are that it's a little on the expensive side, and they charge for self parking ($12 per day) Valet parking is only a few dollars more $17 per day with unlimited in/out.

I've never had a bad experience at this hotel and would highly recommend it. Elite members are given bonus points, offered a complimentary welcome gift, and sometimes both.

Room Tip: Generally a U shaped hotel w/ a wing at the top of the right side of the U. The rooms on the interi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wanderingidiot
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time in Dallas, 3rd time with Marriott and I must say Marriott never disappoints its guests. I am a vegitarian and I was with them for 14 days and the staff made extra effort to make sure I was fed vegitarian food. My call asking for dinner actually became so popular with the night shift team that the staff attending my call, let me know what new they could offer and trust me they surely went out the way to make sure i get to eat something new each day. Though Marriott was not by choice it was booked by my company but they made me feel spl.

Room Tip: rooms which are lake facing are sunny and have the best view, @ no extra charge. onlything they are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our stay was delightful. This hotel is a find. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. We stayed 3 nights and were greeted each day by staff that were personable, not in the "this is my job" way, it was more "we are Glad you have chosen to stay at this hotel". The driving directions given,which were 100% correct every time, business center, room service, clean comfortable rooms, etc ....make for a "we will be back" when in the area. Although the hotel is located in an excellent location, it was difficult to find the hotel as it is tucked away within the shops at legacy. Strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is the nicest in this area & the location for our business trip was the most convenient for us. We had a room on the 6th floor, highly recommend requesting this floor with the Concierge Lounge, if you are staying during the week, the lounge is closed on the weekends. The lounge includes: continental breakfast, (but had hot eggs & toast) and many other items, midday snack, hors d'oeuvres (although we just had the breakfast). This worked out really good for our schedule. Our room was very nice, although our room's view was of the highway, bathroom was a nice size, with a large shower. The TV was new as well as the beds, bedding, towels, carpet, it was very nice. The only thing lacking was there's no small refrigerator or microwave & there would have been room for it, especially with all the wonderful restaurants in the area, (but that's probably why the rooms stay nice). They also have their own restaurant - we did not try it out, but we did venture into the bar one afternoon and had some appetizers and wine, large TV's for sports & it's a comfortable. Everyone was very friendly, the bartender and the hotel manager came in, he was very nice. I would definately come back here if I ever came back to Plano. It is more excpensive but I liked the location and how clean everything was. This hotel would make a great business destination, they have a very large mini convention area. It was a pleasant experience, they held our luggage in a locked room because we had a business meeting next door, so when we came back at 5:00 we picked up our luggage and were picked up by our Shuttle. We did not have a car, we shuttled back and forth & just walked around the Legacy Town Center area. You save money on parking and you don't have the stress of trying to find the location if you are an out of towner. This worked well for our trip, and the cost of the shuttle was approx. $57.00 one way. Renting a car & then paying to park it is much more. The Marriott front attendants were also very nice and answered all our questions. It's also right next door to Jasper's a great restaurant - see my review of Jaspers.

Room Tip: If you are staying during the week & not on a holiday, book the 6th floor concierge rooms, if yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here on December 13th 2012. My wife's company Christmas party was at Bob's Steak and Chop house just around the corner from the hotel and we knew we would be going to some of the bars and clubs near the hotel after dinner. We stayed here so we did not have to drive anywhere that night. The Hotel is great. Our room was very clean and all of the staff we met were fantastic. The hotel restaurant looks very interesting but we didn't have time to go in there. The valet for parking is only a few dollars more than self parking so I would recommend using the valet, Especially if you have more than one bag. My wife has to sleep with a fan so I had to tote that dirty thing in with us LOL. Her pillow from home too. You will have to pay for parking either way. $9 -12 for self parking and $17 - 18 I think for valet. I cant remember. The parking gargage is right behind the hotel. It is covered and very close. The Christmas lights around the hotel and plaza were amazing. Very cool pictures we took that night. There are some fantastic bars and clubs and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Fine dining, sushi, hibachi grill, italian, pizza, seafood...just google shops of legacy and you can see all of the restaurants. The place is alive and energetic. Some of the best people watching you can find anywhere. Lamborginis and Ferraris are a common site. Good looking men and women everywhere. Mostly all adults hang out down there. The occasional hilarious drunk will pass by too. Sometimes there will be live music on the sidewalk. If you are coming to the area and want to have fun, maybe too much fun, you need to stay here. There is also a Major shopping mall near here. Anything you need or want is at your fingertips. And welome to Texas! The pillow my wife brought from home...we forgot to get it when we checked out. We called the hotel and they mailed it to us for free. Thank you very much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Where' the mini bar? I had a great stay and the hotel and the surrounds are great. The bar in the hotel is pretty nice. The rooms are ok. But in this day and age why is there no mini bat in the room. Every other hotel o have stayed in all over the world has a mini bar but this one. That's pretty much my only complaint. The rest was ok and the stay was fine.

• Stayed November 2012