“Extended Stay Plano”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for a wedding in a nearby church. The location was great and very convenient. The church was just down the street and it was within walking distance of Saltgrass Steakhouse and a Hawaiian restaurant. When we checked in, no one was at the desk. Despite ringing the bell numerous times, it took about ten minutes for someone to help us. However, the attendant was extremely friendly and helpful. The first floor hallway had an interesting smell and the elevator smelled like steak, but other than that, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. For the price, it was a great deal and overall a pretty good hotel. Definitely not the worst I've seen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Roy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our hotel's location convenient and that you enjoyed your spacious, comfortable room. I am also pleased to read that our staff provided you with such great service. Still, I am sorry that the hallways and elevator a slight odor; however, since your stay we have remedied this issue.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Inexpensive and very clean hotel. Staff was friendly. Kids loved the complimentary microwave popcorn.
Breakfast isn't up to much. I would liked to have seen a cold beverage offered at breakfast, but we couldn't complain since we got such a great price on the room. Disney Channel in the room would have been nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maiadab
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay. I am particularly glad your children enjoyed the complimentary microwave popcorn! I appreciate your feedback as far as the breakfast and channel programming are concerned. We are currently in the process of adding more channels, so I will be sure to pass this along. Still, I am pleased that the staff was courteous and you found our hotel to be affordable and clean.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel and was in a convenient location for my needs. The separate kitchen/living room area from the bedroom was nice to have. However, this hotel is in need of a complete renovation and upgrade. I found during the course of my stay that the toilet needed repair as well as the refrigerator. The carpets are stained and the mattresses are not that comfortable. I believe if time was taken to renovate the rooms and provide new appliances, bathrooms, carpeting, etc instead of fixing little things here and there, it would prove to be a fine hotel. I did not know this prior to booking, but just for future guests to know, housekeeping only cleans your room once a week if you are planning on staying there longer than one week. If you are staying less than one week, they do not clean your room. You need to exchange towels at the front desk and take out your own garbage. The free breakfast is only packaged muffins and instant oatmeal and coffee. The location is good with 2 restaurants within walking distance and lots of shopping in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Jessica - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies that you room was not in good condition at check-in and that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. At this time, we are in the process of updating our rooms, and hope to have all of them renovated in the near future. In the meantime, I will be working with the staff closely to improve our offerings so that guests have a more enjoyable experience moving forward.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dpo@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I got the hotel room over 50% off through Priceline, so for what I paid it was great. It's for 2 people though and you have to make sure you get a room with 2 beds, if not you sleep in the cot...not so comfortable. The walls are really thin and the doors slam easily so you hear that all night. Each room has a nice kitchenette with everything you'd need. The staff was very friendly, and the to go breakfast wasn't bad either.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 beds
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelLandsPate
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us, our staff provided you with friendly service and that you liked the grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry that you found your room to be a bit too small for your needs. For future reference, we do offer larger hotel rooms, which we would be happy to upgrade you to upon request and availability.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I picked this location because of how close it was the where I was doing business in Plano. The service was great. I did not have to wait to get checked in even though the phone was ringing off the hook. The room was clean and was more than I expected. If I plan on returning to that part of Plano, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide such valuable feedback. It's great to hear that you were satisfied with the service our staff provided to you. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room.

Our number one goal is complete guest satisfaction, so thank you again for your review. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location if you have business or need to visit Presbyterian Plano Hospital is great. The A/C, the shower, the size of the room, the pool area was all great. We had two rooms and both had very hard beds. All 4 of us that stayed were sore the next day. Deluxe to me has to have better beds. Not sure I would go back, but they would be much better if they had good beds.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'd prefer not to come back to this hotel, I want to go back to The ESA in Lewisville it is SO much better. I wish I could get transferred today! This particular hotel is supposed to be a "Deluxe" and that is the part that really confuses me.

The name implies that it is somehow better than a standard Extended Stay America, but this simply isn't true. (and I know this because I've stayed at the ESA in Lewisville for a year now) This "Deluxe" hotel, isn't better at all (in any way that I can see). It's so worn out looking...So very tired looking.. I don't understand what makes it a "Deluxe".

Maybe because they have a pool? I don't know, but I don't like swimming in public pools with strangers..it's uncomfortable to me, so this isn't an added bonus, in my eyes.. In fact it just creates more noise throughout my day to try to ignore (as if the kids running in the hall and doors slamming weren't enough)

The room has a certain charm to it until you look closely and see just how worn out everything is. Once you see that, then you start to notice how dimly lit the rooms are, the light giving off a yellowish hue to everything in it...quite frankly it's depressing.

On the good side you can open the curtains to let in natural light, but in doing so, your neighbors can look straight into your window (as I could see through theirs). I chose to leave it open just enough to block their view into my room..and this did help.

I didn't like it as much as ESA Lewisville, but I could deal with it for a short time (though I wish I didn't have to), but I already booked it for an entire week. I just wouldn't describe it as pleasurable...More like tolerable, not so bad..okay but needs major cosmetic updates..those are phrases I would use often when speaking of this hotel. (Their budget apparently doesn't allow for fresh coats of paint or occasionally redecorating, providing updated lighting etc. occasionally).

The air conditioner works great, I'm pleased with that, I'm pleased with the fact that it comes with a full sized refrigerator, a dishwasher, a microwave, stove top burners and kitchen cabinet space. It has one chair that folds out into a very uncomfortable bed, but it's a good option in a pinch (if you can't afford to have two beds but need them). I just put the cushions over the bed portion and blankets, to make it tolerable.

The queen sized bed, truly is a queen sized bed (not full sized), it's not terribly uncomfortable but it didn't give me anything near a pleasant nights rest either...it, like the room is very worn out and almost feels like it's lying on the ground.

I don't hate this hotel, the people seemed nice, but the problem I have is with this whole "deluxe" thing, which simply put, is a flat out lie. This is a charming but small room that is worn out and needs alot of cosmetic work and new beds. The faucet in the kitchen was leaking at the base, there is an open pipe in the ceiling of the shower that kinda creeped me out because it reminded me of some sort of peeping tom ploy..but aside from that I would just say I give it a C+ and leave it at that.

Ps. I'm also I'm trying to figure out what "renovations" are mentioned in the previous reviews, as this place definitely has not been renovated in a LONG time.

This hotel: Passable yes..Enjoyable..not at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. In regards to the name of our hotel, we are currently in the process of transitioning to Extended Stay America. We are still a "Deluxe" property, only because we have not received our new sign yet. Though we haven't been completely renovated, we have installed new flat screen TVs, new bedspreads, and new light bulbs/lampshades. That being said, we are continually working to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, or if there is anything I can do to make your stay a more enjoyable one, please reach out to me at dpo@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano? Share your experiences!