“The Priceline rating should be dropped from a 2”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first stay at this facility and definetly my last. I usually end up booking a decent room through Priceline but this is the worst experience I've ever had. I stayed here the weekend of march 8th 2013. We checked in at 6:15 p.m and a room was not clean yet we had to wait. Once the room was done we were given the key and I asked the cleaning lady exiting the room at the time if the linens were changed on the bed. She said no,that they are only changed every 7 days not when there is a new guest. I informed the front desk and requested new linens. We were leaving but would be back in a couple of hours to give the, time to do this. When we came back at 9 p.m. It was still not done. The linens, and only the sheets, not the mattress pad, blankets or pillowcases were finally changed at 10 p.m.

At this time a new night crew was coming so the request from the previous employee were not provided to the new crew. The door would not lock when we left the room and we were told a maintenance man would come on Sunday to repair the lock. Every time we left the room we had to take all of our belongings so they wouldn't be stolen. Neither our safety or personal comforts were a priority to this facility. I truly believe we got what we paid for and am so disappointed that Priceline saw this a a 2 star rating. It should not even be a hotel they send customers too.

Is you are ok with flea infested, dirty facilities at a cheap price, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L S
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. You mentioned that your room was not available at the time of arrival. After further investigation, I can tell you that the room type you initially reserved was readily available. It is my understanding that you requested a larger room once you arrived, so we arranged to have a different room type cleaned for you. I realize that waiting is still an inconvenience, which is why my staff waived our normal upgrade fee. I would also like to address your concerns about the cleanliness of the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to provide all guests with a clean, comfortable room. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean bedding before a new guest checks in. When you spoke to the housekeeper, I believe she was trying to explain that rooms are cleaned once per seven days, if occupied by the same guest for one week or more. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and have discussed it with hotel staff and management. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano

Reviewed March 8, 2013

When travel to Plano Texas for my personal experience the following deserve an excellent rating:

1) Value-Extremely Price competitive combined with high value.
2) Place & Location-Centrally located in West Plano. Within minutes of the business park off
3) Staff-Very Friendly & Extremely helpful;Kelly, Karin, Mike, Teresa, Ryan,Isabel

My background in travel is very extensive for example 1.6Million Lifetime Miles on American Airlines & over 10,000 Nights stayed in hotels.

David

Room Tip: -Selected King Room when available
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Front desk let me and my family check in earlier then check in time the front desk was very welcoming. We were just there for one night but if we had to come back for a family event i would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: December 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Have stayed twice. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Even the cleaning staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The service here makes me truly feel like I am at home away from home. Has nice swimming pool and a work-out room. Walking distance of grocery store, bank, several fast food places, and two excellent restaurants. Right next to toll road for easy travel through city. When I am in Dallas.....this is where I will stay! Recommend this hotel for people who like to be treated with respect and kindness.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel a lot, and can't really afford to stay at the Ritz... Lol. I read other reviews, and was reluctant to stay here, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I have stayed a few times now and the rooms are clean, the staff is always wonderful, and the area is pretty nice. Sure, it could use a face lift, but I think it's reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you are a non smoker!
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Have stayed here numerous times and each visit is excellent. For a good price I got a hotel located next to restaurants, grocery stores and big name retail stores. Room was spacious and lowest price in the area. Easy access on to toll road. Two major restaurants right next door. I travel 30% of the year and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Relatively large rooms does not make up for the "dirty" feeling, the cheap bed linen and the shower/bath that only has so-so water pressure.
Place is cheap, on all fronts. A well maintained Motel 6 will be more worth your money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I understand you were not pleased with the bed linen, or the lack of water pressure in the bathroom. In response to your feedback, I am happy to inform you that we are planning on being renovated next year. That being said, I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional concerns, please reach out to me at dpo@extendedstay.com.