“Just OK”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 75074
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had 2 orders of fish tacos with a side order of hushpuppies. We also ordered the the santorini shrimp cocktail The food was just OK. Parking was a challenge.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food is good but if they would spice it up it would be PERFECT! The flavor was a little bit bland for my taste but thank goodness the table is LOADED with condiments particularly hot sauce to jazz up your meal. The ambiance is very laid back and the flat screens is just the right touch!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Fish Shack in Plano is a wonderful find. My husband and I eat there once a week. Everything they make is very good. I recommend the fried shrimp. The grilled scallops are great too. Go early to avoid the lines.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I go at least twice a week. Oysters are the best! Did a road trip to the Gulf this summer and was SO disappointed by the oysters ........ not to mention they were way more expensive. I also love the Santorini shrimp cocktail. Scallops are tender and tasty and you can pick and choose sides ........ I don't eat rice ..... and so I get extra vegetables. Half orders? Not a problem. They really want you to have a great meal and the staff have been with the Shack for years, so they've become like family. We love it and I can't get my husband to go anywhere else!
Best of all, they have a full bar with reasonable prices :)
Please don't tell anyone about this place as it's already too busy!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hushpuppies were undercooked, doughy and flavorless. Crabcakes were terrible. Better for cats than humans. Fried fish was not fresh and just average. All in all a waste of $30 for two. The sodas were at least good.