“If I lived in Plano, this would be my second home!”
Review of Urban Crust

Urban Crust
Ranked #2 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stopped in for lunch with a couple of business clients and wow, was I impressed. The owner asked if we had been here before and I said no. So he walked around showing us the wood fired pizza oven and then around the rest of the restaurant. He suggested we eat on the third floor where he showed us the bar that was split in half and was kept at 32 degrees. This way he said you could keep your beer and drinks cold.

For lunch I ordered a pizza with basil, pepperoni, sausage and buffalo cheese. The crust was thin and crispy and it was one of the best pizzas I have had. Roger had the salmon, which he said was amazing. Gina had the urban panini, super huge and she said it was great. Mike had the Urban classic which also was good, served with fries.

Overall an excellent lunch, I look forward stopping back in the future, when I can enjoy a cold one!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I love this restaurant! The food is some of my favorite. The wine tastings with food pairings are spot on and fantastic!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had been to Urban Crust a handful of times since it opened and sat in the main dining rooms on the first and second levels. The food was always excellent and the service decent. It was not until I spent some time on the third floor at the bar they call 32 Degrees that this place became one of my favorites. The staff at the bar and adjacent patio is fun and most have been there for a long time (usually a good sign at a restaurant/bar). While I enjoy pizza on most visits, the chef has inventive daily specials that taste excellent as well so do not just think of this is another pizza place. It is not a large place so expect a wait on weekend nights, but make it a point to stop by 32 Degrees to check out the frozen bar and one of the best views of Plano in the entire city!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a pizza place that has become a favorite for others in the Plano area. All the best ingredients and coal fired is the best.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Una medaglia d’oro for this very congenial restaurant and bar in interesting Historic Downtown Plano! Not just another pizza place but a friendly lay back kind of restaurant that offers amazingly inventive pizzas with delicious, authentic, wood-fired oven baked crust. The classics are available, of course, such as: the Margharita or the Quattro Formaggi, but also, I highly recommend the Urban Amore (fig preserves, prosciutto di Parma, goat cheese, aged balsamic arugula) or the Black & Blue (basil pesto, wood-fired sirloin, baby portobellos, caramelized onions, bleu cheese.)

The signature drinks are just as inventive and as good as the pizzas: Urban Crush: Berry Rum:crushed strawberries, basil, soda; Absolut Plano: Absolut Acai Berry, blueberry ginger reduction, soda; Cran Cosmo:Grey Goose, Le Citron Vodka, white cranberry juice, dried cranberries; Urban Rita: a signature margarita w/ ameretto topped with Shiner Bock. Just to name a few.

There are loots of lovely entrees and salads to choose from as well, all very reasonably priced and extremely gustoso and appetitoso. The portions are amazingly generous, and if you order a slice of the chocolate cake, take it home to feed your family of four!

Been to Urban Crust? Share your experiences!