“Great place for a first date!”
Review of Urban Crust

Urban Crust
Ranked #1 of 925 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a small but trendy place to go hang out. The food was far better than I expected. As I waited for my "first date" to arrive, I watched as they made the hand tossed crust. So much fun.

Beware, after I had two strawberry martinis, I came to the conclusion that their rum contains no alcohol. But I will still go back and order another one... or two...

1  Thank Angela R

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I had a pepperoni, Italian sausage. It was an exceptionally good pizza. I would stack it up against any pizza I have ever had. I will have to bring the Mrs to Plano for a pizza.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had heard good things about the Urban Crust so our expirations were high, big mistake. I ordered the Alaskan ale and the artichoke salad they were both outstanding but when the main attraction of our visit arrived the spinach sausage pizza- my husband and I looked at each other then back at our soggy spinach burned up pizza I said so that's it...? It looked like caned spinach with the juice spilled our in top of the pizza. We scraped off the spinach and the burned outer crust trying to salvage our lunch. We will not be back. Shame on you Urban Crust you do not stand up to the your high praise.

4  Thank Teresa O
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food is good so its very disspointing to find this place with such horrible service. Every time i have gone iv had a bad experience with the server or the manager. The only thing that kept me coming back was the food but the last time i was there the service ( manager in particular) was so awful i will never return to this restaurant. I had reserved a room for a party i was hosting to find when i got there the room was double booked. They told me to not worry and they would acomodate us accordingly....well there "accomdoations" of the situatuion were not exactly what i would call accomodating....my party of 20 people were squeezed into a tiny corner upstairs and when we asked if we could move the tables around so everyone in the party could sit with each other i got eyes rolled and attitude....when i asked to speak to the manager about how unhappy we all were with the situation i was appalled to find the manager barely speaking english and he barely even made eye contact with me. He could care less about what i had to say or helping the situation. All he could say was i should of double confirmed my party and this would of enver happened. I had received an email confirmation 2 days prior confirming this part and my reserved room....so why would i confirm again.....well the night continued to worsen to the point where my party was ruined and had alot of friends leave very angry....we spent alot of money that night and i would of thought and hoped we would been treated better......

Iv also had bad serive upstaris at there bar....the bartender was rude and dumb and could barely put a full sentence together or make a decent drink.....

1  Thank Cynthia W
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've been coming to Urban Crust for years. We always sit in the rooftop bar so my review is for that area only, not the main restaurant.

We love, love the food. The Buffalino is amazing. The bread with tomatos and olives are always a treat.

The problem with this place is the service. It is ALWAYS ALWAYS slow and haphazard. We would come so much more frequently if we knew it was going to take 25 minutes just to get a drink. Today we went and our waitress was awful. We had to ask for the bread several times. She made all kinds of excuses but served bread to everyone around us. It finally came with our main course. It is supposed to come with your drinks or right after you order. This bread thing has happened to us multiple times otherwise I wouldn't mentioned it. It seems optional sometimes?

Urban Crust is an awesome, funky place to take any one. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is special. I just wish they would fix the service issues up in 32 degrees. It's been like this for years.