“Fantastic food and good prices!”
Review of Salsa Tex Mex

Salsa Tex Mex
Ranked #59 of 935 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Salvadoran, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My fiance found the place years ago and tells everyone about it. I've since fallen in love with Salsa Tex Mex and tell everyone too. We love the food so much we are having them cater our wedding (yes, it's a bit odd but Mexican is my fiance's FAVORITE food). Their prices are great and the staff even remembers us when we come in (we go there a lot). My only complaint is that the place is small and there is no room to wait if they are busy. And they are often busy, especially on the weekends. They did recently open a second location in Frisco though!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came here at 8:30 on a Thursday night, and the place was still almost full. The Margaritas were fresh and delicious. The chips and salsa came with black bean dip too, and all were very good. Our meals were excellent. We had enchiladas in seafood, sour cream chicken, and beef which were all very good. Our absolute favorite hands down was the chili rellenos stuffed with the brisket! What a unique and interesting taste combination. The brisket is a must-have here. The service was good, but I see where it would get a little slow on busy nights as our server also was the person making our drinks. Overall, I would recommend this as authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex as well.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Small resturant with great food and drinks. Always busy with friendly staff and quick service. Chicken chimichanga is fantastic as is the brisket flautas. Some of the best mexican food you will find in the DFW area. My wife and I love this place and normally visit weekly. It can sometimes be noisy when really busy due to its size.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are blessed with hundreds of fine Mexican food restaurants in DFW, but Salsa is our favorite. The food is excellent, as is the service. They offer both authentic Mexican food or Tex-Mex. My favorite is the brisket enchilada topped with spicy serrano cream sauce. Salsa is a small family-run place in a business strip center, but over the last few years, the decor has been gradually improved.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been there a few times with our family but the wait is often long and the grandkids get impatient. The food is generally hot and flavorful. Chicken fahitas are consistantly good. We have often decided to go somewhere because of the wait. There is virtually no where to wait inside and, being in a strip center, you often have to wait outside in the Texas heat. This is not a problem in the winter months unless it's cold or raining. There are a lot of Mexican and Tex Mex options in the area so why wait.
Prices are reasonable so families migrate to this restaurant. Tables are close together and you are sometimes competing with the folks at the next table when you are having a conversation.