“Regular visits”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Favorite for Mexican food. Share because of LARGE portions. Great frozen Margaritas. Careful not to fill up on their fabulous chips. Jalapeno Ranch dip a must. Great service but not a quiet place.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This place is very good, the place has a bunch of pictures and stuff hanging all over.... the food is very good and they have tortillas made on the spot! :))

Definitely a good place to go an eat!

Enjoy it!

M

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

One of my favorite TexMex restaurants. The Southwest Enchiladas are my favorite. New Mexico style, stacked chicken enchiladas, Hatch chili sauce, on request, and an egg our two on top. I promise you, this is incredible good stuff. The place is decorated in a style I call Austin Wierd, gimbals, hub caps, paint by numbers pictures, executive portrait photos, miss matched tile and bottle caps all mixed up together. Where, yes, but a it does as to the smiles and atmosphere. Always a good experience with the server. Chips are made in house and just excellent. Yes, it's a chain but, Love this place!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

If you’re in Texas, a stop at Chuy’s is almost a requirement. The food is TexMex (not Mexican) and the restaurant is defined by “ecclectic.” Food is great, don’t get me wrong, but it’s the atmosphere. Hub caps on the ceiling, Mexican paintings on the walls....it’s a great place to take out-of-town guests or just have a night out.

When there, make sure to check out the politely irreverent t-shirts for sale at the front desk. They’re snarky and also culturally relevant.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

My wife and I recently met some friends for dinner here, and overall we enjoyed ourselves. There were a couple of things that knocked the score down, which is a shame because this place has 5 star potential.

Overall, everything was great. There was a long wait, which is a good thing because that means the place is good and busy. I usually have a drink at the bar while I wait anyway, and before I could even get to the bar, the bartendress was hustling and greeted us in the wait area and offered to bring us drinks. Excellent work ethic! Right away, something happened that knocked the first star off; no draft beer. Not having drafts isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but it better be an extremely divey bar to make up for it. A place this size and this busy should have draft beer, especially a Mexican type of place. Anyway, I opted for a margarita and it was delicious.

We were eventually seated and our server was friendly and attentive. Our next round of drinks were great, and when the food arrived everything was cooked correctly and tasty. It was then that another pet peeve of mine occurred and the second star came off; the food came out all at different times. I understand a slight delay because a server or runner can't carry all the food, but having delays of several minutes while everyone else has their food awkwardly is a big no-no to me. We had one kid at the table and his food came much later. Kids' food are fast ticket items that don't take long to make, so there's really no reason for it. To be fair, I'm pretty sure it was not that server's fault, and most likely the kitchen was wrecked, but still, somewhat annoying to the customer.

While the food was good, there are plenty of other places that serve Mexican food that have draft beer, and if I had a choice, I'd try elsewhere. That being said, I'd eat here again if I had the chance or if someone else was paying. :D

Been to Chuy's? Share your experiences!