“Funky decor, good food, great service”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #13 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I first heard about and visited Chuy's when I was a student at UT in Austin in the 70's. It was one of our favorite places to go. When I worked in downtown Dallas, we use to visit the Chuy's off of Fitzhugh and always had a great lunch time. When they opened in Plano, I was really happy to see them enter into the very competitive Tex Mex business in this city. They are just a fun place to go with friends for good food and great service. (We also like the location off of the Dallas North Tollway at Parker.) Margaritas are good, the tortilla soup is divine, and the chips/dipping sauces are very good - be sure to ask for the creamy jalapeno. To me, if you can get these essentials right, then the chances are good that the rest of the menu will be just fine.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

There are so many choices of mexican restaurants in Dallas, that it is easy to become overwhelmed. I'd heard of Chuy's but never been there, as I was trying to avoid chain restaurants. Chuy's however isn't your typical chain restaurant.
I like that the ingredients were fresh. The chunky salsa, guacamole, etc were extremely tasty. The chips and salsa were really nice and not too salty. I had both the ground beef and the chicken and I absolutely loved the ground beef. I'd certainly have it again.
Portions were a great size, price was very reasonable. Overall it's a good place for fresh and tasty tex-mex

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place is my favorite casual restaurant by far. Everything I have had at Chuy's is always consistently good and we go about once a week. The chips and salsa are always fresh and delicious. (and free) Also, during the week they have a free nacho bar where you can help yourself to free chips, salsa, refried beans, queso. I think it is until 7pm. Their tortilla soup is to die for, sometimes I have a bowl for my entree. The burritos are great as well, I especially enjoy the roasted chicken or the steak. Tip: you can ask for a "mini or half" burrito if the full monster burrito is too big for your appetite. It isn't on the menu, but ask your server. Guac is always awesome, great queso, and good specials. They also have a creamy jalapeno sauce that is really delicious, ask your server to bring some to eat with your chips and salsa. I usually go for the creamy tomatillo sauce on my burrito, also amazing. They also have seasonal specials such as the Hatch Green Chile festival where they make lots of specialty dishes using Hatch chiles. The beers are cold and cheap, good happy hour and the service is always great. Oh and the prices cannot be beat. The decor is interestingly cool and different in each Chuys. (the ceiling in one room is covered with hub cabs) What's not to love about this place? go, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Friends treated us to lunch at Chuy's. The tortilla chips were light and some of the best I've had. Friends split the appetizer plate which they said was delicioius. It certainly looked it. We had the chicken flautas and the "Chuy's Special" enchiladas. They were delicious. The service was good. Overall, very good Tex-Mex and would definitely return.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our first visit to Chuy's and it was NOT a disappointment. Everything was fresh and very tasty. The waiter was very helpful. Fresh chips and salsa amazing.