“Always wonderful good service and atmosphere”
Review of Vincent's Seafood - CLOSED

Vincent's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have been going there for years, love the bar area for dinner. We are never disappointed. Everyone there makes us feel welcome and the food and service are excellent.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I called last minute to see if I could get a table at New Years, and despite a sold out house, my friend Angelo and his staff accommodated us without hesitation. With a new year's crowd and an expectation of slower service and a limited menu, we were thoroughly surprised by the speed, and quality of the food preparation. I shouldn't have been surprised given the consistency and reliability Vincent's has demonstrated over all the many years I've been a patron.

Strong cocktails, followed by sauted crabclaws with a sauce of drawn lemon and garlic butter was an opener to delicious prime rib (yes I know, prime rib at a seafood restaurant seems a bit out of place), Greek veal and stuffed shrimp. The food was expertly prepared and served with a smile by a wait staff already under considerable pressure.

Vincent's has been a family favorite for years in my family, so I may be prejudiced, but we had a wonderful experience ringing out the old year in an old reliable.

1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My grandmother went to Vincent's downtown when she was a little girl in the 1910's. I went to the Vincents on Mockingbird when I was a little girl. The food has been consistently excellent since the 1910's at least! I particularly crave their slaw and drive up from Austin just to have that and a nice piece of broiled snapper. I started making Greek food at home 30 years ago to emulate the dolmas served at Vincents. It's something special to know that Angelo and that lovely piece of perfectly cooked fish continue to exist in this hurried world. Don't expect fads here. Just expect understated sophistication knowing that nobody does seafood better.

2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Years ago my wife and I celebrated many of our anniversaries at Vincent's in Midway, Dallas. Then it closed. For years we looked for the restaurant and by pure accident we found it in Plano, TX. With great joy we entered the restaurant expecting the old service and the wonderful food. It took minutes to realize that the service was not the same, and the food was a disappointment. After $75 for two, I am sorry to say that Vincent's Seafood is not like a good wine that gets better with the years. I don't recommend it anymore. I write this review with a very sad heart!

Jose

1  Thank Jose C
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We had been in this area of Plano many many times and never knew or heard about Vincent's. Wanting to try something other than the usual chains we came for a Birthday dinner. Our family ordered shrimp scampi, filet mignon, and the gumbo. Everything very good!! Scampi was equally buttery, garlicky, and lemony. A fairly light broth given that description. I ate every bite!! It came with perfectly done and nicely flavored white rice. My husband enjoyed the filet which i could see was a very nice piece and done exactly as he ordered. He ate every bite! my daughter had the gumbo and she also stated it was very good. She orders gumbo anywhere she can, and her discerning review was also 2 thumbs up. The waitress that Monday was fantastic but service slowed because she had the whole restaurant and a larger group was also dining that Monday.