“EXCELLENT! Japan House, Plano Texas”
Review of Japan House

Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Accent Dr
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been going here for many years and have never had a bad experience. The Asian friends I have brought here typically were turned off when I said ‘lets go here it's an all-you-can-eat-buffet with many sushi and sashimi offerings’, but after getting here and trying the food they were extremely pleased! I knew it would be hit as I often see Asians here enjoying the place. For around $30 at night and $16 at lunch it is a great deal, additionally there is a reasonable sliding price structure for children, with those under 3 eating for free. The appearance inside is really nice with many Japanese appointments throughout, and usually soothing music playing in the background. All the buffet bars are manned and they are constantly preparing fresh offerings, foods do not sit around for hours in this restaurant as they carefully monitor offerings and strive for freshness at all times. The wait staff is normally especially attentive, for example as you return from the buffet bars with say whole boiled crabs or something needing additional utensils’ they will observe this and quickly bring things without you even asking. Checkout their website for pricing and menu offerings, but really you need to go there to get the experience and enjoyment of the place.

1  Thank Solo_isle

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had dinner last night at Japan House. Japan house is a buffet restaurant. They have wide selection of sushi. I don't like their lamb chops. It smells like a B.O. But the rest of their food taste good. I like the way they they present the dessert-cut in little tiny piece. That way I can satisfy my cravings and not over eating. On Sunday they charge 30 $ each + tax. I don't know how much during weekdays. For me it's a little pricey. Japan House is the most expensive buffet restaurant I've been.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We celebrated a birthday there, and had been there several times before then. This place has deteriorated badly. They cut costs and serve crabs and seafood that has been long dead. The seafood is mushy and fishy. The quality is very poor especially the sushi. I would not wish it on anyone to eat their sushi. 3 out of our party of 12 got sick there and when we called the next day to complain and warn them of the bad food, so no other customers would get sick the owner/manager was rude and hung up.

One other warning, if you even dare to try the chocolate fountain... yes a chocolate fountain in a japanese restaurant should have said it all... but just know the kids stick their fingers in there and lick it as they go back for more with their fingers...

2  Thank diana s
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place is better than Tokyo one. Almos the same price, but more fresh and more options.
But they have an special of 10 bucks before 4 on fridays. You cannot beat that

1  Thank xomaly
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We randomly picked this place our first night in Plano. It was amazing!

Been to Japan House? Share your experiences!