“Reservation means "Get in line"”
Review of Fino's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Bartonville, Texas
“Reservation means "Get in line"”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was good; the staff was very pleasant, but the service...well, I think they would benefit from some organization and additional wait staff. Even with reservations, we waited almost 30 minutes to be seated. The waiter came around quickly and opened our wine, which certainly made the wait less annoying. However, we did not see him again for at least a half hour. This is a big money loser for the restaurant because it is BYOB. We were taking up their table, and they were not making a dime. People at the next table finally gave us their menus! It took 2 1/2 hours for our party of six to have dinner. While we were visiting with our friends and didn't mind the slow pace (reminded me of France), we heard many grumbles around us. Maybe they have fewer employees because they turn the tables so slowly they don't make enough money to hire more waiters. Seems to me they might want to take notes from any big American chain to figure out how to pick up the pace and keep customers happy while making more money for themselves. My guess is that they won't be around very long if they don't figure it out.

Visited April 2014

DFW
“Close to 5”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We would give this place a 5 star review if the seating system were improved. When the small restaurant is crowded, as it ofter is, getting seated is chaotic at best...even if you have a reservation. In the warmer months there is an outdoor seating area, but in the colder months parties awaiting their table huddle near the front door ofter crowding those seated nearby. At a recent visit we had a reservation and had been standing for 15 minutes or so, yet a table was given to a party who had just arrived due to the fact that the person who had greeted us was nowhere to be found. We also noted that other parties who obviously were regulars or friends of the owners walked in and were seated immediately ahead of those of us who had reservations and had been waiting a long time.

On the plus side, the food is great and the service is fine once you get seated. Also, the BYOB aspect is very appealing. Recommend that you visit at an off time for the best experience because the busy times are stressful.

• Visited December 2013
Greenville, Ohio
“Neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went with a group of 5 to Fino's on a Sunday night. We had tried to go on Saturday (without reservations) and it was so crowded, we went elsewhere. Sunday we had reservations and were seated immediately. The restaurant is small, but homey. The food was very good. We had calamari as an appetizer. It was tender and delicious. I had chicken piccata which was also very good. Everyone in the group got something different and all said their meals were great. Portions are huge, prepare for doggie bags. Fino's is BYOB with no corkage fee - a real plus. So if you're going to Fino's, make reservations and bring your own wine.

• Visited October 2013
Carrollton, Texas
“Hasn't changed from what the last reviewer said...”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I feel it was a nice and clean restaurant. (well maintained, nice lighting and the only one in this strip with outdoor seating which looked nice) My Spinach Ravioli in vodka sauce was average, a little too peppery for me and not at all like the vodka sauce I've had at other small Italian restaurants. I can tell the chef is trying to do a great job the plating looked nice for our dishes. On a side note I don't know why they were dressing the side of my Italian dish with siracha (spicy chili sauce). (Not that I didn't like the spicy sweet mix, just wasn't expecting it here.)

And as the previous (three years ago) reviewers stated, the service is still slow; I can guess it is because it's looks like a family run place.

• Visited October 2013
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food! Terrific Price!! Service - Not so Great for a Group”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Food was outstanding. But think twice if taking a group to Fino's on a Saturday night. They asked we make our reservations for 7:30 - a little later than we had wanted, but we complied. It was after 8:30 when we were seated and after 9:00 before our order was taken. The food, the price, and the BYOB saved the evening for our group of 14. After our order was taken, the service was okay - it was just getting a table and finding a waitress available to take our order. Previously, my husband and I have eaten there several times and never had a problem. But our party was usually 2 or 4 - and usually earlier than the crowd. I'll return because I love the food, but will not plan a group function there again - especially on a weekend.

• Visited September 2013