“Other fish in the sea”

Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 888 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children
“Other fish in the sea”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Promising menu selection of both wild and farmed seafood. Faint smell of cleaning product as u enter. Expensive per pound seafood market. Likely not competitive with central market or whole foods. Sandwiches and fried fish moderate but likely rockfish and others a better choice; but fresh catch specials all over $20 for lunch. Good veggies; casual but attentive servers. Tab for 4 without drinks and one cup of soup over $100 is a catch and release experience overall.

• Visited September 2013

“Past favorite”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This use to be my favorite place to eat but not anymore. I am a light eater and the serving was way to small for my appetite and the price to large. Very good quality of food but just not enough to feel fulfilled.

Dallas, Texas
“The Smoked salmon is PERFECTION!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place seems like just a regular little seafood joint from the outside......boy was I wrong....the food was so fresh and did I say perfection? They actually sell fresh fish so you can get it right off the ice...and Lobster right out of the tank.
We have been back 3 times now and the consistency of the food is awesome...
save room for the godiva chocolate creme brule if its still on the special dessert menu.

Dallas, Texas
“Plain and simple is best”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A return visit confirmed my belief that given good fresh seafood the best bet is go with straight forward and simple choices. My wife had crab cake and I had grilled shrimp and scallops, which we very much enjoyed. This seems to logically follow in a restaurant that is also a fish market.
Our dinner companions chose more seasoned items and were not as pleased. We will certainly return but I don't know if they will.

Allen, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't like being "dismissed"”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was looking for a fresh seafood market and ran across this restaurant when googling "fresh seafood markets in Plano, Tx". Saw that it was also a grill so we decided to try it. The staff was very friendly and attentive......and that will probably be the best thing that I have to say about this grill. While our free appetizer (I had received a coupon for looking at their website) was on it's way out, I got up to look at the fresh display. Being from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I wanted to ask a few questions about where they got their seafood. I spoke with the gentleman behind the case (I assume he may have been a manager or maybe even the owner b/c he kept using I, me, my, etc. in the conversation). He seemed very willing to answer a few of my questions, but I must have asked some that he was not wanting to answer b/c I was quickly dismissed with a "your waitress is at your table, you need to get back over and listen to what she has to say". Really??? How rude!!! You really say things like that to customers?? We should have walked out right then!!! As for the food......I had fried shrimp that had absolutely no taste. My husband got the crawfish etouffee and he said that it had no taste either. Where were the spices?

This was a visit that we will say "been there, done that, won't be back" and I will definitely not be going there to purchase fresh seafood!!!

• Visited July 2013