“The Smoked salmon is PERFECTION!”

Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 905 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Seafood
Dallas, Texas
“The Smoked salmon is PERFECTION!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place seems like just a regular little seafood joint from the outside......boy was I wrong....the food was so fresh and did I say perfection? They actually sell fresh fish so you can get it right off the ice...and Lobster right out of the tank.
We have been back 3 times now and the consistency of the food is awesome...
save room for the godiva chocolate creme brule if its still on the special dessert menu.

• Visited August 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Plain and simple is best”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A return visit confirmed my belief that given good fresh seafood the best bet is go with straight forward and simple choices. My wife had crab cake and I had grilled shrimp and scallops, which we very much enjoyed. This seems to logically follow in a restaurant that is also a fish market.
Our dinner companions chose more seasoned items and were not as pleased. We will certainly return but I don't know if they will.

• Visited August 2013
Allen, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't like being "dismissed"”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was looking for a fresh seafood market and ran across this restaurant when googling "fresh seafood markets in Plano, Tx". Saw that it was also a grill so we decided to try it. The staff was very friendly and attentive......and that will probably be the best thing that I have to say about this grill. While our free appetizer (I had received a coupon for looking at their website) was on it's way out, I got up to look at the fresh display. Being from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I wanted to ask a few questions about where they got their seafood. I spoke with the gentleman behind the case (I assume he may have been a manager or maybe even the owner b/c he kept using I, me, my, etc. in the conversation). He seemed very willing to answer a few of my questions, but I must have asked some that he was not wanting to answer b/c I was quickly dismissed with a "your waitress is at your table, you need to get back over and listen to what she has to say". Really??? How rude!!! You really say things like that to customers?? We should have walked out right then!!! As for the food......I had fried shrimp that had absolutely no taste. My husband got the crawfish etouffee and he said that it had no taste either. Where were the spices?

This was a visit that we will say "been there, done that, won't be back" and I will definitely not be going there to purchase fresh seafood!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank magnoliaroots
The Colony, Texas
“Watch What You Order”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Drove between Plano and Frisco trying to find something for dinner. Saw Sea Breeze and looked it up on the smartphone. We decided to try it based on the reviews here and Yelp.

Let me start by saying the staff was very friendly and attentive. The fish and shellfish in the case for market sale was beautiful and fresh so we were hopeful for a great dinner. The only problem was there was a jazz quartet playing inside. Although they were good, the person who arranged the sound had the volume up WAY too high. It was not pleasant to eat that close to the band. Fortunately, as we were seated they took a break and it lasted most of the way through dinner.

I understand this place is probably better known for its market fish specialties instead of its fried seafood. However, I ordered the beer battered fish. The fish was fresh, moist and flaky. The batter, however........was desperately in need of seasoning. Mind you, I am not one who salts or peppers my food. I like to taste the flavors of what I am eating and consider most things too salty. But this needed something.......BADLY!! I chose to substitute both sides for a salad, which was very fresh and I loved the mixed greens.

My husband ordered the fried clam strips and here is where my rating comes in. When they were served, we thought it strange that the clams were all the same exact size and same shape. That's impossible with fresh shellfish. Then my husband said they tasted strange. He pulled some of the batter off with a fork and lo and behold..............they were IMITATION!!!! For a restaurant to call itself a fresh fish market and serve imitation, minced clam meat is a despicable taboo and complete no-no. Red Lobster serves real clam strips for Pete's sake.......frozen, but real.

Although the service was excellent and my dinner only lacked some seasoning, we will not be back. I would be very concerned about ordering the fried oysters, calamari or a lobster roll. If the clams are imitation, what else is??? If you order one of the fresh fish specials or a whole lobster that cannot be disguised, then you are probably in for a wonderful dinner, However, I would not order any fried shellfish (clams, calamari, lobster roll) or even a bisque. You might not be getting real seafood.

• Visited July 2013
Plano, Texas
“Not what I hoped for”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a bowl of "seafood gumbo" which was mostly just roux with some celery. I spotted one tiny shrimp and I mean tiny. The only other seafood in it was a few small pieces of some sort of white fish. I like oysters in my gumbo and there were none, so this dish for me was very disappointing. My husband had the shrimp po boy which seriously had only 3 shrimp on each half for $11.99. The place is a little pricey and stingy. Sorry Sea Breeze Fish Market, I wanted to love it.

• Visited June 2013