“Great local place with fresh, fresh fish”

Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 991 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Were were looking for a local place, near home, that had good fish. it wasn't just good, it was great.

The interior is modern and minimal. The tables are pretty close together. Along one side is a long bar and the other is the fish case for take out fish and seafood. We sat near that which created a fishy ambiance -- not unpleasant but fragrant.

Our friends ordered fish sandwiches which they raved about. We started with the calamari which was crispy with a deliciously piquant sauce. My husband and I split the mixed grilled plate -- everything on it was cooked perfectly and they split in the kitchen including the half lobster which made a fan out of me. Nice wine list -- very good service as well.

The bonus was that they had a really terrific band that started up just as we finished dinner. What a fun place! Now I want to come back to buy fresh, never frozen fish to cook at home.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My shrimp salad was okay. But for the price, it should've been better. Sea Scallops at $20+ just doen't fit the atmosphere of this strip mall, sparsely decorated restaurant. Just a total mismatch.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The best looking thing I saw during our dinner here was my husband's Lobster roll. Judging by the speed in which he devoured it (quite unusual for him), I am assuming it was delicious. I didn't even get a taste! Next time. I ordered the 5 shrimp cocktail and it was perfect. I also had the chicken over a green salad and it was divine, not drenched in dressing although next time I will order the dressing on the side as it was a little more dressed than I prefer. Another at our table had the fried Shrimp and it looked really nice as did the rice it came with. The wine list is totally doable. I would like to see them add some atmosphere somehow but we'll be back no matter what!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was looking for a good seafood place close to my hotel and found this very nice place. I had the clam chowder (excellent if a bit salty) and the seafood stew, which was excellent, it was perfectly cooked and just a bit spicy to make it interesting. Service was excellent, i would go again on a different trip.

1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here and the service was excellent, attentive but not overwhelming. The server was not too busy and spent time chatting with us about the menu, etc. Started with crab cakes (2) which did not have excess of filler. My blackened trout was perfect with sides of potatoes and carrots done very nicely in herbs. My wife had the Artic char served on a wood block and it was cooked to perfection allowing the full flavor of the fish to be savored. Declined desert. We will return and also request that Jake be our server.

1  Thank Barryjw