“Great stay!!”

Comfort Suites Plano
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Plano
“Great stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel! I was in my way to the Dallas area for a wedding. I first booked a room in Corsicana because my husband and I had worked all day and wanted to stop and get a few hours of sleep before checking into this hotel. I checked into that hotel and there were bugs in my room! I already wrote a review about that hotel and called choice hotels and reported them. So I called and Joel answered the phone and gave me a really good rate!! I totally understand that he couldn't give me the rate I already had for the other two nights. I was totally fine with that because I work for a hotel as well. But he got me a really good price and i love the hotel. We get there which Corsicana is about an hour and a half from this hotel but we got there! We check in and I wanted to fall over! The rooms were amazing!! Plenty of space and the beds were so comfy!!!! We wake up the next morning and breakfast was amazing as well!! All the food was fresh and tasted great. The whole staff was amazing and I would like to personally thank Joel for the wonderful service you gave to us! I will be staying here when I come to the area!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Texaschick2006
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your appreciation has been passed on to Joel. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I spend about 75% of the year staying in hotels and this is by far one of the best I have stayed in. I never post reviews about the hotels I stay in but I have never experienced service like this outside of a full service hotel. I arrived without a reservation and was greeted by the General Manager, Tim Ford. It is easy to understand why this hotel is so great because it starts with the manager. I was only there for two nights but I swear Tim was there from early in the morning till late at night and always in the lobby or front desk area. I have never seen a General Manager that accessable to his guests. Not only that but everytime he saw me he remembered my name. What was even more impressive was that he seemed to remember every guests' name as did the other employees. The check in process at this hotel is awesome, not only did he tell me all about the hotel, but he offered to set up a wake up call and even to print directions for me. These may seem like simple things but the fact that it was offered before I even asked was fantastic. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the housekeeping team does a very thorough job here. There were some wear and tear issues that I noticed throughout the hotel but nothing that would keep me from staying here again. The bed was easily one of the most comfortable I have slept in. In the morning they offer a great breakfast with a large selection of cold and hot food. I was greeted by Joel who was absolutely the highlight of the breakfast experience. Like Tim, even though he was working extremely long hours he was always smiling and eager to assist. Joel takes an amazing amount of pride in his breakfast and went out of his way to make sure that each guest that came down enjoyed their meal. At check out the service level continued and was so impressed that I was asked if there was anything that they could do better. Although i could not think of anything they could improve on I really appreciated their committment to providing great service. My only disappointment is that I don't have cause to frequent Plano, but when I am in Plano I will only stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words, it was certainly a pleasure taking care of you while you were in town. Thank you also for your review of Joel and the breakfast area, It is always appreciated when we hear from our guests, especially when we were able to exceed their expectations. We hope to have you back in Plano again in the near future.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel staff were friendly and check in was pretty quick. It seemed like every time I went through the lobby the desk person was outside smoking, but I didn't have to wait long for them when I needed something. There is only one elevator on the property and it was extremely slow. The room was clean and maintained a comfortable temperature. The bed / pillow were comfortable. There were some of the channels on the cable that were not working properly, but I didn't get to spend very much time in the room anyway, so in my case it was not that big of an issue. I typically get a 2:00 check out when needed due to being a choice privileges member, but the man at the desk said they were understaffed so it would have to be 1:00. Breakfast was ok. The area seemed safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank timbottu
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, and for letting us know of the challenges you experienced. We are working to correct the TV issues you were experienceing. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is such a valuable tool for us to ensure we are constantly improving our guests' experience.
waco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were nice and clean. The only gripe I had was the gap on the floor as you got on the elevator. It would be really easy to trip and fall. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank mfschro
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Clean and convienent location. The desk staff was helpful in finding transportation at an unusually early hour. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Although, I don't recall which side of the hotel my room was on and there was not a noise issue...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank blshears
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We chose this hotel based on reviews and cost and were not disappointed. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff. We were greated everytime we entered the hotel. Every request was taken care of immediately and courteously. I needed a 24 hour pharmacy and the desk clerk went above and beyond to help me find one and give me directions. The entire hotel was very clean and well maintained. I cannot comment on the breakfast because we slept in and missed it every day we were there. The room had everything we could have possibly needed. The only possible downfall would be the size of the swimming pool. It is the smallest I have ever seen but not a big deal unless it's important to you. The elevator is slower than most but it worked. We will stay there again and I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and the pool- both can be very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank texasshopr
Winfield, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We chose the Plano, Addison, McKinney area for our annal sister's weekend. Plano gave us a central location for the activities. Our stay was pleasant and relatively quiet, despite it being the OU vs.TX football weekend. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. The free breakfast was good and had more seating than most hotels we've stayed. The WiFi connection in our room was very-very slow.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family