“Great find!”

Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Carrollton, Texas
“Great find!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Good spicy, but not overwhelming, Indian food. Loved the buffet with tomato soup ( I have to say this might be the best tomato soup I have had in a long time!), the lentil soup was great and wonderfully spicy with curry.

But I might suggest sitting away from the door until it cools down here in Texas as the heat from outside was almost too hot combined with the heat of the food. :)

• Visited September 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Good Indian food close to home”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are lucky Roti Grill is less than 10 minutes away. Whatever we order is always good, especially the lamb dishes. The meat is always tender and not gamey. Service is always quick, too.

• Visited May 2013
Plano, Texas
“Good to go!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our family has enjoyed Roti Grill since it first opened several years ago under a slightly different name. The decor is simple yet clan and comfortable, but we normally order takeout. Fast casual - call in or order at the counter.

The menu is geared towards an American palate - while I've enjoyed every dish I've tasted, some of my Indian friends turned their snoots up over the food as not totally authentic. They also tout the freshness of the ingredients.

Samosas and fritters are well fried, crisp and not greasy. My spouse always wants to split one of the "two step entrees" - choice of veggie, paneer, chicken, lamb, shrimp and choice of various sauces adapted to specified heat requests and is available in 2 sizes. The masala is typical creamy tomato comfort food and quite good. My spouse likes the vindaloo, but I find the curry and balti sauces a little more intriguing. The housemade naan and roti are lovely and the fragrant rice is very tasty.

This is a great fast casual place for vegetarians, with over a dozen meatless options. The few I've tried when my meat-loving spouse agreed to split them were well prepared with the veggies cooked to a slight crispness and not soggy.

Service is generally fine, although there have been a few rough spots in past years.

In summary, this is a great local option for fresh Indian cuisine at very reasonable prices for takeout or a quick dine in.

• Visited October 2011