“Cool but definitely basic”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I was staying at the Marriott across the street for same price (but they had really nice breakfast buffet included) Their pool wasnt yet open for the season- We are from Ohio and figured swimming was a must for our only get away of the year. Anyway, we called Aloft and they gave us the same rate and had a heated pool so away we went. Aloft is very contemporary -my neices and nephew loved it - very Euro. The place is very modern in feel and yet comfy to sleep and clean up in. Unfortunately the weather didnt accomodate for swimming but Im glad we stayed here for the diff vibe. All that said, if you need a toothbrush your gonna pay for it- but if I had a pet w/me it would get complimentary kibble and stuff- My grown kids will love these places. I guess i will stay w/ Marriott's in future- I like all their amenities for same price.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for aloft Plano

Reviewed May 7, 2009

I agree with all the review written. Great, small hotel, very cool with a singles 20s-30s vibe. Very clean. The rooms are small, but the layout makes the most of the space and it doesn't feel small. The girl at the check in desk was really friendly and outgoing. I have two complaints, the first of which I also read about in another review. You have to be sure to point the shower head away from the shower door, otherwise water gets all over the floor. Also, there was some kind of really loud light-buzzing sound when we were trying to sleep that was annoying. Not sure if it was the outside streetlights or perhaps the flourescent lights on the outside of the hotel building. Plus, they have the old hotel room type air conditioners, the big below-the-window types. It was really loud, especially when it kicked on. I put my ear plugs in after it woke me up 3 times.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2009

definitely one of the better places: great friendly service, cool bar, and I liked the breakfast approach. Rooms were very nice too.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2009

This hotel is new and clean. It is small and does not have a restaurant attached. It is comparable to a Hyatt/Holiday Inn/Comfort Suites type hotel. But hipper. They have platform beds and a modern design. It does however have a bar which opens at 5pm. All signature drinks at the bar are $10 and would argue they are not worth it. In the lobby there is one pool table and a mini lounge area. The walls are thin and you are able to hear your neighbors. Rooms are very small, and we had a double with two queen beds. This hotel seems perfect for a young professional on a business trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. Decorations were neat.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2009

I stayed at aLoft Plano for one night just a few weeks ago. My friend and I were looking for a place not too far from Denton and with an easy route to the Galleria (it turns out there's another mall just a few miles away in addition to the Galleria!) I initially picked this hotel because it was trendy, hip, and at such a great price.
The front desk attendant was so friendly and efficient, and the lobby was already bustling with loud music and people having cocktails (unfortunately we were too tired to join) I'm not sure if there was a live DJ but it had a very lounge/club atmosphere.
The room was fantastic, very modern with clean lines. The beds and linens were SO comfortable, even the towels were super soft. The closets were pretty spacious, and had curtains rather than a door, which I thought was a very cool idea. The bathroom counter had a fair amount of space as well as a mini fridge underneath the vanity. Our room didn't have a tub, but the stand in shower was huge. My only complaint is that water would leak through the spaces between the door and glass and the floor would get wet. The Bliss Spa products were also a nice touch; rather than giving mini shampoo/ conditioner bottles there was a dispenser mounted onto the shower wall. I wanted a late check out the next day and the front desk said it was no problem at all (pushed back to 2pm) At some point we had called and asked for a few more towels and they were brought up in five minutes, I was so surprised at their speed and friendliness!
I think this is a great hotel, but if you dont have a car it may be a bit of a pain as there is nothing within walking distance. I cant wait to stay in more aLofts!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Visited family during the holidays and found the aloft by accident. What a wonderful surpirse! This hotel was super cool and a fun place to spend time. The fitness spa was great, the staff friendly, the food and bar good. The rooms were inspiring. We loved everything about this hotel. Great hotel at a great price. Will look for this brand whenever we travel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank californiaday
Reviewed January 1, 2009

I was quite pleased with how well this one-month-old hotel worked. Staff was very friendly, a ton of amenities for kids and dogs, very nice food selection downstairs (although it's extra money). Room was very cool and made this mother of three feel young and hip again.

For a new hotel it's nice to see all the paint in place and items working properly. I've stayed in a lot of properties where various electronics were plugged in but useless. At the Aloft everything worked perfectly.

My only minor complaint was the parking. In front of the hotel is a very canopy that leaves a narrow parking lot behind it. It's hard not to hit the canopy when backing out.

The target audience is clearly single 20 to 30ies, but my family will probably stay here again just to feel cool.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business