“Outstanding service”

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Plano
NORTH LAUDERDALE
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Excellent service. Veronica assisted us throughout our stay and although we called the desk several times, she was always pleasant and resolved our concerns. Thank you Veronica. Hotel has excellent breakfast selections for a small fee.

• Stayed April 2014
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
It is always great to hear that our staff went above and beyond to ensure your stay was a memorable one. Thank you for such a nice review! Hopefully you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice room layout,... Could not spend much time at lobby because it was booked for some kind of gathering!
Hotel is close to HWY. However, that did not impact the sleep quality.
Nice area with restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review! We do not usually have parties scheduled in our Remix lobby, but if we do everyone is welcome. Hopefully you will come see us again in the future so you can take in the complete aloft Plano experience. See you soon!
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Aloft wants to be hip and fresh with a loud bar and the Ikea- ish design in the rooms. I guess it hits that mark. The room was mostly comfortable. The internet connect dependable. The bar noise didn't make it up to the rooms. The location off the Tollroad is very convenient. The worst part of the room is that it uses the old style room AC (controls on the unit venting to the outside) not central AC. The unit we had was ungodly loud and annoying and was made worse by the winds blowing into the vents.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CraigF84
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for all of the feedback. I wanted to reach out to you to ensure all of our departments in-house are working very closely together to ensure all of our guests receieve an A+ experience, no matter what brings them to town. We hope to see you again soon to see all of the changes we are making!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

It seems if you stay in one Aloft, you've stayed in them all (or pretty much most of them). It makes for a very dependable, consistent experience, and at a good price.

Location: This one's not really in a good spot. It is the one hotel in what I might call the no-man's land of Plano. It's right next to the highway, and as such you need a car to get everywhere. There is no safe pedestrian travel. Perhaps in recognition of this fact, the hotel does offer a regular shuttle to nearby major points (like the Starbucks!).

Hotel: The Aloft makes up for its budget style with a hipsterish attitude of a boutique hotel that's quirky. The staff are always super(!) helpful and perky to the point of making you wonder just how much coffee they hide behind the front desk. But that caffeine makes them remember, because if you ask for something one day, you are likely the next day to get tagged with a request if you want the same as you walk through the lobby. The fact these front desk folks are half my age (and I'm not even 50) and they're trained this well, well that's major kudos to management. The lobby and bar area is quite nice, with wifi available and very comfortable seats near a nice fireplace. The gym is on the small side, but still nicely equipped (and I never encounter many people in the Aloft ones, anyway). Finally, there is a great little mart area for just about anything you might need.

Room: As elsewhere, the decor here is Euro style minimalism. There is no chest of drawers. There is no closet. There is an open armoire-style (sorta) area to hang your clothes, and some cubbies for the other stuff. The bed is usually on the harder side than standard American beds (which doesn't bother me). The shades are of a colorful industrial type effective at blocking out light (and leaving the room pitch black for those of you who do not like to wake up to sun). The bathroom is a bit too open concept for my colleagues, tho it doesn't bother me. This time, tho, I found the sink edge so far from the mirror that I nearly needed my glasses to shave (I just leaned way in). There are no toiletries per se. Rather, shampoo and shower soap are all in dispensers on the shower wall (in keeping with the budget prices).

If you're on a tight budget, frankly the Aloft is one of the nicer places you can stay. As for me, I pick them when I go to an unkown place with very mixed reviews of other hotels because I know exactly what I'm going to get here - and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Stayed February 2014
We always enjoy seeing a very descriptive review! Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon so you can see all the improvements we are making at our location!
Petah Tiqva, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I loved the design, the room and the atmosphere. Staff was nice and helpful. Since I was on a business trip in Plano, the location was ideal for me, but driving to Dalas was an easy in and out drive. The mall with the verity of restaurants near by was a big plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello again, and thank you for the fantastic four star review! Not only is aloft a good place to stay for a fun night on the town, we are located so nearly every business in the North Dallas area is easily accessible. Next time you stay with us, make sure you take advantage of all the amenities we offer, including our WXYZ Bar, Re:Charge workout facility, and hop on the Go-Go shuttle for a complimentary ride anywhere within 5 miles from the hotel!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Really liked the modern design & the space-saving built-in amenities and features. Comfy bed; easy to sleep in these rooms; my husband loved the room as well. Lobby is fantastic and fun. Rates are very reasonable.

I also stayed in an aloft in Irving, and worked well for a business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Here at aloft Plano, we strive to be the breath of fresh air in the hotel industry. We are glad our design and layout were a great fit for you! We hope you will continue to stay with aloft in the future and come back and see us soon.
Oakville, Ontario
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Aloft in Plano for three nights January 22 to 25. The lobby is relaxing and inviting and this is one of the few hotels I've actually used it. The wifi is excellent and there are places to plug in through out. The breakfast bar was handy and nicely stocked. My only complaint are the thin, cheap duvets! Having stayed at many SPG properties, I am surprised they have not been upgraded.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LuvLuxury
Thank you for the nice 4 Star Review! I am glad to see we were able to live up to your expectations during your stay with us. I wanted to let you know we are all working closely together to ensure all of our guests' quality of sleep is the best in the business. We hope you will stay with us again in the future to see our improvements!