“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Plano
Athens, Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Very nice hotel. Pool area was really clean. Great decor. Has bar area and pool table at the front of the hotel. Excellent service at the front desk!! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or just getting away for the night, Aloft Plano is sure to deliver with an A+ experience. Thank you for the fantastic review. Were glad we were able to assist in such a special evening for you and your husband!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

love this place. I have stayed there for the last 4 years when I come in for business.
The place is clean, neat, fun, and the staff is friendly. I won't stay anywhere else, and the rate is great. The location for myself is perfect and you are near good places to eat and near the mall if you desire. Right off the highway so you can't miss it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
WOW! It is very awesome to hear from a repeat guest and how much you love to stay at aloft Plano. I hope we continue to exceed you expectations and we get to continue serving you time and time again. I am also pleased to know that the staff has treated you good as we pride ourselves in making our guest feel welcomed. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and thank you for you generous words.
Dhaka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

A standard US-style compact hotel, but great service and pleasant surroundings. It does have a lovely lobby area, and even though the hotel isn't very authentic or large, it's nice to have a quiet Western-style oasis sometimes. Hotel is a bit out of the centre of town but taxi and other transportation very expensive. Enjoyed the restaurant as well, but more authentic and equally good food is in the centre of the city.

Will love to stay back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am pleased to know that the staff treated you well and that you were able to relax in our Remix area. I encourage you to take advantage of the complimentary hotel shuttle that runs Monday thru Friday and within a 5 mile radius to local restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on the hotel and I look forward seeing you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed at Aloft the last 4 times I have been to Dallas. The last time there was a large group there for training. They did great accommodating us all. The shuttle was always available for us. They made sure to call us by our names (from memory) The rooms were always fresh and stylish. I love the attention to recycling that they have. I never heard any noise in my room from the lobby although I thought I would. The staff was friendly and quick to get us whatever we needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! It is always nice to hear our staff was able to accommodate you and your organization! Hopefully next time you visit us you will get some time off so you can take advantage of all that Aloft Plano has to offer! We are just minutes away from some of the best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment Dallas has to offer.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here a little over a year ago for work.

Very clean hotel, and feels very new.

Room was spacious but found the beds to be very uncomfortable. An extremely clean bathroom and I personally love the shower stall without the tub!

The thumping dance music in the lobby at times can be much.

Not sure what it is and maybe its the contemporary design but to me the hotel didn't have a warm atmosphere quite the opposite.

Not sure if I'd stay here again, unless I had an extremely good rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
From all of us at aloft Plano, I would like to apologize that we were not exactly what you were looking for. The environment at aloft is much different from your average hotel. On any given week, parties and social gatherings are held in our Remix Lounge and WXYZ Bar. Aloft Plano is not your typical but we do possess the tools to ensure every guest enjoys their stay. If there is anything we can do to better accommodate you next time you give us a visit, please do not hesitate to let us know!
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

After the office Christmas party I thought it prudent to stay close by the venue, so no long driving afterwards. Great decision, plus the hotel was great, it reminded me of Hotel 7 in Paris. It has a very European feel to the hotel (this also means smaller spaces) but they made great use of the space, and the room decor is contemporary. there are convenient hookups for all your devices Phone, USB and other ports for charging and inter phasing with the TV.

We enjoyed our stay, and would stay there or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor away from tollway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Here at aloft Plano, we try to break the mold on your average run-of-the-mill hotel, so we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the environment we offer! Even if you do not stay with us, please feel free to stop by and enjoy the night life at our Remix Lounge and our WXYZ Bar. There is always something going on at aloft Plano!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found the Aloft Plano to be a very nice hotel. Everything was very clean and all the staff we encountered we quite friendly & helpful. I always like it when they at least pretend to get my jokes. About my only complaint was the silly AC/Heater unit. But as a whole, I never like those things anyway... always so noisy. Of course, we live in the country with a geothermal unit and have NO noise at nite. So perhaps I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to that.

The hotel is conveniently located on the Dallas North Parkway which makes it easy to get to where you need to go. And there are so many shops & restaurants in the Plano & Frisco area. Just don't have far of a drive to get to any of them! We just had a delightful time!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for the great review! It is always great to hear we were able to successfully accommodate you while you were away from home. We take pride in every aspect of our establishment and we are pleased to here we were what you were looking for. Next time you stay with us make sure you take advantage of our WXYZ Bar or even take a ride on our Go-Go shuttle to any of the fantastic shopping and dining destinations nearby!