“Pretty decent place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Madison
“Pretty decent place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I like the Aloft hotels except they do not have a restaurant on site. I usually do room service, so when staying in these places you have to go out for dinner, or you have to order from a delivery place, which are usually sub par. :(

Room was nice and clean, comfortable bed. I always like the technology support Aloft's have. Plenty of outlets, etc.

I would stay here again when in Plano.

Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your 4 STAR REVIEW! Although we do not have a restaurant on site, our Wxyz Bar does sell a variety of different heavy appetizers! It would be our pleasure to run these or anything else you can think of up to your room for you as well! We hope you come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Venice, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent a weekend with my 8 year old son, we had a fantastic time, the atmosphere is really cool, great energy in the lobby....Shops at Legacy is very close, great restaurants and stuff to do, also near the Frisco malls, in the middle of everything, yet quiet

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are extremely grateful for your 5 STAR REVIEW! Not only is aloft Plano fun for the adult crowd, kids have a great time as well. Whether it is enjoying a dip at our Splash pool or enjoying your favorite beverage at our Wxyz Bar, aloft Plano is a all for fun and FUN FOR ALL! Please come back and see us soon!
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is certainly a place for a younger or "young at heart" crowd. In our late 20's we had a great time. We pulled in on a Saturday night to check-in. The w xyz bar/lounge had great music going and was an open flow to the check-in area, actually I thought the check in counter was the bar at first. The vibe was fun and trendy. The rooms were absolutely the loft feel. Showers are oversized and great pressure. The bed was very comfortable. It can feel a bit cramped, but with just a couple or single in a room it's plenty of space. The staff was wonderful and accomadating. If you have pets it would be a great place to stay. We noticed they even had a dog bowl and treats placed out. The price we got for a night was amazing as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mistie B
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We absolutely adore your 4 STAR REVIEW! We always try to provide an entertaining scene, whether you're celebrating a birthday, here on business, or just enjoying your Monday night out! Also, if at any time you can't go without your 4-legged friend, they are more than welcome to stay here at aloft Plano as well because we are pet friendly!
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I live in Plano and when I have business and personal guests come in from out of town, one of my top hotels I refer them to is Aloft in Plano. Aloft Plano is a fun destination in and of itself, and is within a few hundred feet of Shops at Legacy, including Blue Martini, Ra Sushi, Jaspers, Sambuca 360, Henry's Tavern, Ringos, and other late openn spots. Aloft Plano is not exactly perfect walking distance from Shops at Legacy, so if you don't want a fairly long walk, it's a quick short drive (2-3 minutes).

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a top floor, corner room overlooking the Shops and the Tollway so you can have a...
1 Thank Jon D
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are absolutely thrilled with your 5 STAR REVIEW! Next time you stay with us we would love for you to take advantage of our Go-Go Shuttle! It is our hotel shuttle that takes all of our guests anywhere they need to go within 5 miles from our hotel FOR FREE!
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was happy to stay somewhere without the hideous paisley carpets and horrible art work. It was very reasonably. The room was clean and the staff was nice but also laid back. I also liked the mirror that pull out on the other side of the bathroom, easy to do my makeup.

Stayed February 2013
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 STAR REVIEW! Were absolutely ecstatic we were exactly what you were looking for while you were away from home!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

First kudos to the staff. Very helpful and friendly. Always acknowledged you entering and leaving. Made the weeks stay easy. Room was comfortable and provided good work spaces. Lots of outlets. The HDMI port box actually worked. Wow this was a first. Sleep was good although the bed did not look that comfortable. Looks can be deceiving. Loved the easy grab and go food selection. Lots of restaurants in the area. The gym was nicely stocked and enabled me to keep my workouts while on the road. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your 4 STAR REVIEW! We are pleased to hear our staff was able to accommodate you throughout your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our Plug-N-Play while you were here on business. We look forward to your next stay with us and invite you to take advantage of our Wxyz Bar and re:fuel areas!
Gerlingen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hey, as SPG Gold Member I ususally stay at the Westin Stonebriar (and get some nice room upgrades) i took the Aloft while Westin was already sold out.

In general like most of the other Alofts, but:

The heating was not able to provide comfortable temps in the room (ran 24hrs on max heat, but still only 70F in the room) - need to say i was there 2nd week of January with some snow out there - so pretty unusuable climate for Dallas.

Fridge and Hairdryer didn´t work, and the reception couldn´t fix it (or forgot it), as i stayed only for 3 nights i didn´t ask a second time for a fix...

Location is good, if you´ve nearby business and Legacy Shops and Restaurants are 2 mins away...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
First and foremost, I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with the heater, blow dryer, and refrigerator while staying with us. I understand your frustration as a loyal Gold member and the expectations we failed to meet. In addition, we always want you to leave our property feeling as though your concerns were heard as we deeply value your opinion of us. I regret that these issues weren't corrected when brought to the attention of the front desk staff. I hope that you consider visiting us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and provide a more positive experience. I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
NYLO Plano at Legacy
Cambria hotel & suites Plano - Frisco
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco

Been to aloft Plano? Share your experiences!