“Good alternative to courtyard and marriott but watch the sports teams.”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is located across from the corporate/legacy area which is to be developed shortly given the construction preparations underway. You can see longhorns grazing across the street as is the situation in plano with working farms abutting million dollar home developments. Nice comfortable modern room with a european flavor. We liked the reasonable breakfast and snack bar and free coffee. Exercise room was clean and sufficiently spacious. Did not use small pool, although other guests did.

Room Tip: Make sure to check where teams are staying and ask to be put on different floor. The staff will acc...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank skyjrmom
aloft P, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We're so glad to here that you had a pleasant stay with us here at aloft Plano! We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests because we believe knowledge is key! Again, thank you for you comments and please come see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for aloft Plano

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is clean, inexpensive and located right off the tollway. The staff was very pleasant and helpful as well. If you are traveling with small children I don't know that it would be the ideal set up but what is really. However for couples, business travelers or families with older children who could stay in their own room it is great. My wife and I were in town for a wedding and it was perfect for us. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
aloft P, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We're pleased to have been able to add happy memories to the celebration of a wedding! We can't wait to have you back! :)

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I usually stay at the Embassy or Hilton Garden Inn in Frisco but those were sold out and my company put us up here. Not bad, but could have been better.

Check in was quick except I changed my check out date which confused the nice lady checking me in. It would have been fast had I not told her I was leaving one day early.

The room is strange and I think that is by design. There is no closet. Instead, they have some hangers where you hang your clothes in front of each other behind a curtain. Hard to describe and not very good. Oh, and there are no drawers. So I ended up using my luggage.

Internet speed was decent. HVAC worked well. They have some sort of sensor which turns off the HVAC when you are gone but it comes back on when you return and stays on throughout the night so its not much of a problem except you will have a warm room upon your return but it cools fast.

The bed is very low and on a slab. It was comfortable except for being low - ok if you are short but not if you're 6'1". They have a nice analog clock next to the bed that is softly lit.

There were two small moths in the bathroom and the trash can had an interesting looking small black bug that I was able to squish - it was already in the trash can so it wasn't that big of a deal. What was surprising is that the trash was taken up but the dead bug was still in the trash can.

Breakfast looked questionable so I decided to pass on it. My co-workers that hung around for it said it took a long time and was not very good so I ate breakfast off site.

They have a decent bar that is comfortable. A pool table is off to the side. Snacks can be purchased off the lobby. Close to the nice restaurants in Plano but not walking distance. Won't be back unless my company makes me stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I'm sorry to hear that we could not provide you with an A+ stay. I realize that there are a lot of preferences that do not fit your needs, however, there were many missed opportunities on our end. I know cleanliness is a requirement and I regret that it was not 100% provided to you.

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that this will be discussed with our management staff in an effort to improve our service.

I wish you back to show you a true aloft experience, and if your company sends you our way again, please let me know and we'll take good care of you!

Many Thanks,
priscilla.hargrove@aloftplano.com

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were so pleased with the staff, how quiet our room was, the price & the comfortable bed & pillows. Everything was exactly as it should have been and that's hard to find in today's times.
Our location was great...near everywhere we planned to visit. We will be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzy H

We're so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at aloft Plano! It's always a pleasure to hear that we're taking the right steps to WOW our guests.

Please come visit us again soon! We look forward to having you!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Upon entering the hotel your eyes are drawn to the large, open floor plan. You check in on the first floor, which was fast and efficient. The first floor had a pool table to the left and the right side is were breakfast was served. The second level was a bar, with comfortable overstuffed furniture that invited you to relax and check out the field through the wide open windows. My room was colorful, with a large king bed, a wide screen TV and a refrigerator. This is a great location for shopping. The Legacy shops are across the street, along with numerous restaurants. It's located off the tollway which makes it easy to scoot around town. It has an outdoor pool, which was busy, but still quiet. l'd stay here again. The staff are happy, the hotel is modern, clean and quiet. A great value and location in Plano.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the field.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Denise !.

Thanks for the awesome review about your stay at the Aloft Plano. I am always excited to hear when our guests enjoyed thier stay. Our goal it provide an A+ experience each time, with every guests and I am glad to kno we acheived our goal.

If you need anything, please let us know and we will happy to assist you.

Have an eazy, breezy day!

Brad C.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Poor Business Operation. I called to cancel a reservation 1 day ahead. They told me that It was too late to cancel the reservation without paying a penalty of $367.20. I asked them about their cancellation policy and they stated it was by 6pm the day of. Because I was with a group and through Elite Sports, I should have cancelled 2 weeks ahead of time. 2 weeks are you kidding me. So even though I reserved the room as an individual with my own credit card, I was charged for the reservation. As soon as I told them that I was cancelling my card, they did not hesitate to charge it before I could cancel it. Talk about disgusting business practices.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stacy R
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered while trying to make changes to your reservation. It is certainly our intention to provide you with the best possible experience paired with exceptional customer service. I regret that your experience with us was below your expectation. We absolutely value your business and do hope that you will give us another try.

Erin S

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel located in the middle of a farmers field. Gave it a great secluded feeling in the city of Plano off the N Dallas Tollway.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

DealsAcrossTexas,

Thanks for the great review about the Aloft Plano. I'm always excited to receive awesome feedback from our guests. I hope you will stay with us again when you come back to Plano, TX.

Thanks again for your feedback and have an eazy breezy day!

Brad C.