“OK but definitely not fancy”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
“OK but definitely not fancy”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I usually stay at the Embassy or Hilton Garden Inn in Frisco but those were sold out and my company put us up here. Not bad, but could have been better.

Check in was quick except I changed my check out date which confused the nice lady checking me in. It would have been fast had I not told her I was leaving one day early.

The room is strange and I think that is by design. There is no closet. Instead, they have some hangers where you hang your clothes in front of each other behind a curtain. Hard to describe and not very good. Oh, and there are no drawers. So I ended up using my luggage.

Internet speed was decent. HVAC worked well. They have some sort of sensor which turns off the HVAC when you are gone but it comes back on when you return and stays on throughout the night so its not much of a problem except you will have a warm room upon your return but it cools fast.

The bed is very low and on a slab. It was comfortable except for being low - ok if you are short but not if you're 6'1". They have a nice analog clock next to the bed that is softly lit.

There were two small moths in the bathroom and the trash can had an interesting looking small black bug that I was able to squish - it was already in the trash can so it wasn't that big of a deal. What was surprising is that the trash was taken up but the dead bug was still in the trash can.

Breakfast looked questionable so I decided to pass on it. My co-workers that hung around for it said it took a long time and was not very good so I ate breakfast off site.

They have a decent bar that is comfortable. A pool table is off to the side. Snacks can be purchased off the lobby. Close to the nice restaurants in Plano but not walking distance. Won't be back unless my company makes me stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
aloft P, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that we could not provide you with an A+ stay. I realize that there are a lot of preferences that do not fit your needs, however, there were many missed opportunities on our end. I know cleanliness is a requirement and I regret that it was not 100% provided to you.

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that this will be discussed with our management staff in an effort to improve our service.

I wish you back to show you a true aloft experience, and if your company sends you our way again, please let me know and we'll take good care of you!

Many Thanks,
Priscilla Hargrove
Guest Services Manager
priscilla.hargrove@aloftplano.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were so pleased with the staff, how quiet our room was, the price & the comfortable bed & pillows. Everything was exactly as it should have been and that's hard to find in today's times.
Our location was great...near everywhere we planned to visit. We will be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy H
aloft P, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We're so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at aloft Plano! It's always a pleasure to hear that we're taking the right steps to WOW our guests.

Please come visit us again soon! We look forward to having you!

Priscilla Hargrove
Guest Services Manager
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Upon entering the hotel your eyes are drawn to the large, open floor plan. You check in on the first floor, which was fast and efficient. The first floor had a pool table to the left and the right side is were breakfast was served. The second level was a bar, with comfortable overstuffed furniture that invited you to relax and check out the field through the wide open windows. My room was colorful, with a large king bed, a wide screen TV and a refrigerator. This is a great location for shopping. The Legacy shops are across the street, along with numerous restaurants. It's located off the tollway which makes it easy to scoot around town. It has an outdoor pool, which was busy, but still quiet. l'd stay here again. The staff are happy, the hotel is modern, clean and quiet. A great value and location in Plano.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the field.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Denise !.

Thanks for the awesome review about your stay at the Aloft Plano. I am always excited to hear when our guests enjoyed thier stay. Our goal it provide an A+ experience each time, with every guests and I am glad to kno we acheived our goal.

If you need anything, please let us know and we will happy to assist you.

Have an eazy, breezy day!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Poor Business Operation. I called to cancel a reservation 1 day ahead. They told me that It was too late to cancel the reservation without paying a penalty of $367.20. I asked them about their cancellation policy and they stated it was by 6pm the day of. Because I was with a group and through Elite Sports, I should have cancelled 2 weeks ahead of time. 2 weeks are you kidding me. So even though I reserved the room as an individual with my own credit card, I was charged for the reservation. As soon as I told them that I was cancelling my card, they did not hesitate to charge it before I could cancel it. Talk about disgusting business practices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacy R
, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered while trying to make changes to your reservation. It is certainly our intention to provide you with the best possible experience paired with exceptional customer service. I regret that your experience with us was below your expectation. We absolutely value your business and do hope that you will give us another try.

Erin S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel located in the middle of a farmers field. Gave it a great secluded feeling in the city of Plano off the N Dallas Tollway.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
DealsAcrossTexas,

Thanks for the great review about the Aloft Plano. I'm always excited to receive awesome feedback from our guests. I hope you will stay with us again when you come back to Plano, TX.

Thanks again for your feedback and have an eazy breezy day!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a relatively new, contemporary hotel. Rooms are well-designed, clean and modern. Service was good. The location was good for the purposes of my business meetings but would not suit someone looking for proximity to downtown. When you take a taxi to this hotel, make sure you tell the driver which Aloft hotel you are going to, as there is more than one!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Architectandmusician
, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Architectandmusic,

Thanks so much for your review of the Aloft Plano TX. I'm really excited you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with an A+ experience and I'm glad we accomplished our goal during you stay. I hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Texas.

Have an awesome day!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, easily accessible location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business