“Great hotel and great price!”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great hotel and great price!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed one night (in town shopping). Check in was quick and easy. Hotel had a special kids air mattress (with kids' printed sheets and comforter) that our four year old loved. Beds were comfortable and room was very nice. Really liked the shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower. Hotel was very boutique-y and trendy. Pool and lobby were also very cool. Only downside was the breakfast - looked like a complimentary continental breakfast but was not.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MeCo0811
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thanks for all the great comments. Glad to see your kids enjoyed our Camp aloft program. We definately try to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next shopping trip to Dallas. If you need anything, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Have a great day!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hallsville, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Love the look and feel of the hotel.Front desk staff was great. Bed was nice and comfy. Only problem was the device in the room to hook up electronics was not working. Read on another review that someone else had the same problem. All in all was a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I'm excited you had a great stay with us. I do want to apologize for our plug and play not working while you were here, but I assure you we will take a look at all of them to ensure they are 100% operational during your next trip to Dallas. I hope to see you soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Tulsa,OK
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The lobby is hip and modern with a full self serve kitchen plus some small snack & drink items for sale..... wifi also available... pool was nice and clean with plenty of comfortable seating.... front desk help was very kind and courtoeus... our room was spacious with loft style closet space, a very urban wall in shower with a frosted glass wall that connects to the bedroom, the king size bed was extremely comfortable and the flat screen offered plenty to watch as we relaxed... all in all for the price and location it was a great choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your awesome comments. I'm happy to hear when our guests have a great stay and it sounds like you got to experience all our hotel has to offers. I hope to see you during next trip to Plano and if you need anything please let me know and I will be happy to help you out.

Have a great day!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here with our 3 little ones over Memorial Day weekend and had a blast. The place was kid-friendly and is beautifully designed. Great rates, nice pool/gym, free wifi/parking and great service. It's also in a wonderful location across from the Shops at Legacy in Plano which offered a lot of wonderful dining and shopping options. It was very relaxing other than one big problem I'll get to in a minute. I love this new trend of big "Banana Republic" name hotels offering smaller "Old Navy" versions. Perfect for someone like me who stays in the "Banana Republic" hotel for business but chooses the "Old Navy" for traveling with family.

The only negative with the place is that there were fleas/ticks EVERYWHERE in my room. I would find them in my bed and if I left any food or drink out on a counter, there would be a swarm of them (I've attached pictures). Because this was a pet-friendly hotel, and because none of us were ever bitten, I never brought this to the attention of the staff. It was just annoying/disgusting. Having never stayed at a hotel that allows dogs, I assumed this is typical. It would be nice however to not have to deal with those bugs since I'm finding now that some of them followed me home! Though I would love to come back to the aloft because my experience outside of the fleas problem was so wonderful, I'm not sure if I could try them again because of the insects problem. I wonder if other pet-friendly hotels have ways to deal with this problem. I wish others would take better care of their pets!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
aloftplano, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Hello Khoale37,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience. I am horrified that you had pests in the guest loft. We diligently work with our pest control company to ensure that every guest has an A+ experience where the room is clean and well maintained to our high standards. I would like to personally apologize for the failure of our extermination program.

I will be reaching out to you off-line to get more information about your stay and ensure that we make this situation right. I am glad that the rest of the experience was positive, but understand that a situation like this could ruin a trip. I am sorry that we didn't have an opportunity to take immediate action on the issue while you were still on property.

I can assure you that we take your concerns very seriously. I hope that you will give our hotel another try for your return trip to our area.

Mike
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I travel to Plano for work just about every week for the past several months. While I have have several choices, I always stay at Aloft.

Top Reasons:

The staff is very friendly, and even thought its a do-it-yourself model, they are always willing to go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable
The showers have "Bliss" shampoo and body wash dispensers
The beds are comfortable
Full bar with a lively atmosphere downstairs
Did I mention the staff is awesome!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an even number (pool view)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Very sleek and modern hotel, nice addition to Plano. Has a cool bar and pool table in the lobby. The gym is great and there is an outdoor pool. The showers are awesome. The rooms are dark in color, and the beds are low to the ground, but it is very comfortable. Free wi-fi too. Their food selection is slim, but the shops at Legacy are just across the tollway and there are a ton of restaurants there.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Just finished up the last night of a two-night stay at aloft, a boutique-style hotel which is the budget option from the W Hotels Group. For the price the hotel offers most of the basic amenities a traveler requires - king bed rooms, HD big screen television, dorm-style refrigerator and computer hookup ports. Included in the price is free parking and WiFi. They do offer a free charging dock for electronics, however mine wasn't working.

Overall the staff is what truly sold me on the hotel, my reasoning behind the four stars. Each front desk staff member (who also double as concierge) was very welcoming, helpful and informative, this being my first trip to Plano/Dallas in 10 years. When I needed directions around town they quickly printed out a map and directed me accordingly. I felt at home and in good hands.

The downside - the rooms. Reasonably large it seems emphasis was placed on the room feeling lofty and "roomy" rather than on practicality. The closet space consists of on angled hook in the bathroom area, not nearly enough for two gents with wedding attire. Ended up having to hang things around any doorway or opening around the room. The walls are also quite thin - I could clearly hear every word next door at 1:45AM as they were having a party in the room. After a call down to the front desk the party was quickly broken up, thankfully.

The shower is awkwardly designed, requiring you to lean in and get soaked to turn the thing on. Personally I like to let the water heat up before jumping in, so it can be quite a shock to the system to be hit with freezing cold water just to turn the handle.

Regarding the shower - cleanliness comes to play. There was a large spot of congealed blood on the shower wall adjacent to the shower head which makes me question the cleanliness of the bathroom as a whole.

There is no restaurant in the hotel nor within walking distance, however there are some rather pricey beverages and eats available in the lobby. $3 for the smallest 8oz., Figi water is insanely high priced, however you haven't a choice in a pinch. I recommend driving the half mile to Kroger and stocking up provided you have a rental car or some sort of transportation.

Location is reasonably remote being situated in the wheat fields, however the it is right off the freeways so getting around is not a problem if you can figure out the rather complicated Dallas tollway and freeway system. Most anything you could need is within a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

All in all my stay is about what I expected for the $72/night rate. For the price the property is perfectly acceptable in a no-frills way and serves the purpose well. Comfortable bed, welcoming staff - lacking in a few ways yet I've stayed in considerably worse. Worth the while for the cheap rate.

• Stayed May 2011
, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Hello Dutch2220,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that you have an A+ experience, and that starts with friendly and attentive talent. I am glad to hear that we came through on that promise. I was disappointed to read that there were some items that were not working correctly as well as a cleanliness issue. I will be sure to follow up with our team to ensure that these items are addressed and that future guests are not disappointed as you were.

aloft is a new twist on the travel experience and a little different from the cookie cutter - one size fits all experience. I hope that you consider giving us another try when you're back in the Plano area. I am confident that you will have an A+ stay.

Mike