“Solid choice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed when in town for a tournament. Very clean and staff was super nice and accommodating. Great location near many restaurants and shopping. My only issue was the walls in our room were thin and you could hear people next door and above you.

Stayed: October 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear AlcwHouston,
Thank you so much for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apology for any noise that disturbed you. We hope you will remember us the next time a tournament brings you to our area.

Kind thanks,
Lisa H.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family decided to take a road trip. So we headed South toward Dallas. We chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn, Plano TX. It was a GREAT choice. The breakfast was good. The pool was clean and relaxing. The exercise room and equipment was well maintained. We weren't disappointed in any way.

Room Tip: Personally we prefer to stay on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Di0700,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We value your opinion. It is because of your feedback that we continue providing excellent service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Plano. Have a wonderful day!

Kind thanks,
Lisa Helton

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is very well located in Plano Tx, is quite new and very well kept. Rooms are spacious and well decorated. Bathroom has a good size and was impeccable.Indoor pool and warm breakfast. Prices are affordable. There is an IHOP to a walking distance if you want to have a more complete breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights while on business. The hotel was clean and in overall good repair. The second rooms bathtub had been reglazed in a DIY way, and some paint in the bathroom was peeling, but overall OK. The staff also were nice and reasonably friendly.

The problem lies in that while I was at work the second day, the management allowed a 3rd party carpet cleaning company to clean the carpeting in my room. Not only was I upset that "strangers" were allowed in my room while I was gone without my consent, but the chemicals they used were so strong I couldn't even sleep there when I returned. I returned to my room at 9:30pm with the plan of eating my carry in dinner and going to sleep. Unfortunately all those simple plans were discarded because first I had to make my complaint to the front desk, then they had to find me a room that hadn't been cleaned, and then I had to pack my belongings and move to the other room. When I asked why they would let a 3rd party company into an occupied room the excuse was," there were 8 rooms that couldn't be cleaned from the week before". The carpet cleaners had come back especially to clean these 8 rooms. Why didn't someone at least warn me or just don't clean the occupied room. BAD decision on management's part.

I have plans to return to Plano many more times this year. I really don't know if I would stay at this property again. It was a huge inconvenience, and I was not compensated in any way for my time or having been HUGELY INCONVENIENCED right before bedtime.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Mgolish,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience of the carpet cleaning. We should have notified you ahead of time and for that I am very sorry. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano again next time you find yourself in the area.

Arthur M.
Property Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room is average with a decent indoor pool. Staff is nice and friendly. Is within walking distance of the Baylor heart hospital. I would recommend not getting a room next to the elevators as they are quite loud.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Smorenzens,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Plano and the kind words about our staff. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our pool. I'm sorry if the elevator was loud. On future stays, we will be more than happy to place you away from it to avoid any noise. We look forward to your next visit.

Arthur M.
Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Typical clean Fairfield. Spotless bathroom and hotel room, comfortable bed, eggs and sausage for breakfast as well as toast, cereal, oatmeal, microwave sausage biscuits, etc. Efficient staff.
Excellent property, will stay there again. Only a few blocks to the George Bush Expressway. West of old downtown Plano.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. Noise not a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice and clean facility, reasonably priced with a simple but decent hot and continental breakfast. Right next door to the Balor Regional medical Facility (Plano). There were a number of people staying there with loved ones inthe hospital. The hotel caters to them. Felt kinda bad that the hotel was full and people with folks in the hospital were looking for rooms. This hotel wasn't very close to my work, so I probably won't be back, but if you had someone in Baylor and neede a nearby room for few overnights and a good breakfast in the morning, I would recommend going here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business