“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Dallas, Texas
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Have had a few not so good experiences lately and this was not one of those. Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, perfect location for me, breakfast was fine - very standard, but just fine. Maybe the wallpaper was worn in the shower - not the best place to put it, anyway, but everything was clean and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank a-travelin-foodie
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. Our focus is on providing great Marriott customer service in all areas of the hotel and it's great to hear that you experienced that type of service! I'm excited that you enjoyed our breakfast.We are proud of the breakfast we serve. Marriott's standards are high and we do our best to maintain those each day. I appreciate you letting me know about the shower wallpaper. That wallpapered area above the shower tile can be a challenge at times but we are always checking those areas and keeping it in the best condition possible. It's great that overall you found the hotel clean and welcoming. Thanks again for sharing your experience and I hope if business or pleasure brings you back to our area in the future, you'll come stay with us again!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
bisbee
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our flight was arriving at 7 am and then had to drive to drive to hotel to check inn checkin time was 3pm so we booked the room for previous night. When we got there we were greeted by front desk that he was expecting us. He checked us in an we found that we had one bed instead of two beds. Front Desk tried to find a room with two beds but all were occupied. Front Desk very kindly asked us to wait appx. Half hour in the meantime have breakfast they got the room cleaned and ready for us. We checked in the room everything was great we stayed four nights and the staff were great took care of us. Greeted us every time we walked past the front desk including housekeeping. Overall excellent stay will be visiting again next year and will be looking them up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am very proud of our staff and the great Marriott customer service they provide. I do apologize that the room that you were needing was not ready upon your arrival but glad to hear it was ready in a relatively short period of time. I believe we do provide an excellent hot continental breakfast each morning and glad you were able to enjoy a nice breakfast as we got your room ready. We do try and treat all of our guests as family and speak to each guest everytime we see them in the lobby or anywhere in the hotel we encounter them. We want all of our guest to be comfortable in our hotel and feel like it's their home away from home. We do look forward to your return and please call on me anytime I can be of assistance.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were so happy with our stay. It's a clean,friendly hotel with a very reasonable rate. Will stay there again when in Plano. Breakfast was good and eating area was very clean. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Front desk people were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cowan27
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. My staff prides itself on providing a clean and comfortable place to stay and also providing great Marriott customer service. I'm so glad to hear you all enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet. I know how important a great breakfast is to our guests. It gets everyone's day off to a great start. I'm also pleased that you took advantage of our indoor heated pool and spa. It's a great way to relax at the end of a busy day. I hope you'll think of us again when traveling in the Plano area. Please contact me any time I can be of assistance.

Thanks again for your review!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We are always faithful to the Marriott brand. The beds are good, we can rely on the cleanliness of the facilities and the staff is always willing to make the extra effort to ensure we are comfortable. This stay was no different. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tym2Pla
PlanoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel! We continuosly strive to please our guest,and I am elated we are doing so. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for business - 2 nights. Very friendly and accomodating staff. The price is great and I was impressed by how clean my room was despite the economy styled decor (this is a Fairfield which is by design not a fancy place). Make sure you tip your house keeper if the room is clean - seems they are not appreciated as much as they should be. Breakfast is average but is free - good coffee. Would recommend or stay again. Other than some checkout problems (which were minor) everything was as expected. Would stay again for no frills, budget travel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank smkosik
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We appreciate your honest appraisal as to your experience here and value your feedback. We look forward to serving you the next time your in the Plano area!

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a great hotel and very close to all things in North Dallas. The front desk staff is the very best. The rooms are very clean and beds are super comfy. The room had a very nice flat screen tv and microwave and referigerator. Breakfast was what you would expect and there was an attendant there to keep things refreshed and clean. I got an awesome rate of only $59 an night and you can't beat that anywhere in that area. Highly recommnd this hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room that faces the back to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PlanoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We greatly appreciate your feedback as to your stay at the Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites, and we are very happy that you have enjoyed your time with us! My team and I promise to provide the best service to each person that walks through our door. I am very proud that we were able to keep our promise to you!

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Everything was perfect. We originally had a weekend rate for a visit with our son. However he was hospitalized and we had to extend until Wednesday. Abby Turner, the Assistant General Manager quickly advised me that she had a "medical rate" that was less expensive than the normal business rate. That saved us a lot of money, but most important, I appreciate the fact that she took the initiative and interest to advise us of this. Likewise Elizabeth was always friendly and helpful, and worked extremely hard.

Room Tip: Third floor is quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your glowing review! We are always happy to find you the best rate possible, especially when your situation can be stressful. I appreciate you commending Elizabeth and I, and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the future (for vacation this time)!

Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites