“Solid Example of a Quality Brand Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid Example of a Quality Brand Hotel”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

As a dedicated Marriott patron, I like finding high quality Fairfield hotels, particularly when the price difference from the Courtyard is attractive. The staff, as noted in other reviews, is quite excellent. In particular, the gentle young man who greeted me at 1:00 am. He totally understood that I needed to get to my room asap, and didn't need to hear some of the typical pleasantries and scripted verses you typically hear upon checking in. Very clean hotel in a convenient location to the N/NW suburbs of Dallas.

Just a note: this is not a walking-friendly area. If you run or walk when travelling, this is not your place. I had to drive 20 minutes to the Bob Woodruff park to get a decent morning run without fearing for my life. This is NOT a knock on the hotel, just advice to my fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Surprisingly, not a lot of street noise makes it into the rooms. Probably due to the way the hotel s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RM_BusinessTraveler
PlanoFFS_GM, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We always love to hear when one of our team members made your stay more memorable! It sounds like the type of service you received was individual to you, and I commend my Guest Service Associate for his ability to read your needs instead of "just going through the routine."

As far as the walking in the area goes, I apologize that you had to drive so far out of your way to find an appropriate place. I will personally do a bit of research to see if there are other areas nearby for my guests to enjoy an outside walk or run. I appreciate you making note of this and bringing it to my attention!

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in town!

Abigail Turner
Asistant General Manager
Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites
TMI Hospitality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My visit to this Fairfield was consistent with most of my stays at Fairfield Inns. Very clean room and bathroom, relatively quiet, adequate if not impressive breakfast. Predictable- but in a good way. At least when I book at a Fairfield, I know what to expect and am not disappointed. This particular location has good access to several chain restaurants- which was convenient for me as a business traveler. The one thing that stood out for me was the young man at the check in desk. He was exceptionally helpful, welcoming, and friendly. Considering this hotel's proximity to the medical center, his attention to his guests and their state/mood, was exceptional considering the fact that guests might be going through a difficult medical situation or might have a family member or loved on in the hospital. He sensed that we'd had a rough day and treated us accordingly. I appreciated his sensitivity and ability to read people!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2012

As the title says, all the staff here is extremely helpful. The building seems like it needs to be refreshed a bit more to be more in line with the new fairfield inns but it has been pretty decent. Internet speed is worse than terrible, especially for doing business and making VoIP calls or attending meetings online.
The hot breakfast is nice. I have stayed here over 5 weeks in a row now and haven't really had any complaints.
I wish they had more of a choice of rooms (something to upgrade me to since I'm at their highest tier of status) but that clearly isn't a gamechanger.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul B
Austin
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Hotel is in a very good location. Lobby and rooms seem brand new. However, the workout equipment (elliptical, treadmill and bike) is very outdated and poorly maintained. This is enough to make me consider staying elsewhere. Too bad as otherwise, I would stay here every time I am in Plano which is usually 4+ days/month.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Great place to stay. All my needs are always met. The staff are very friendly and professional.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank rskidmore
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Its been great staying at Fairfield Inn. I am a regular guest here. The staff has been very helpful. Courteous. Great Job by Melissa and Diego.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn Plano multiple times over the last few months and each stay has been great. Each staff member has very helpful and incredibly friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business