“My home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The staff treats you like family , if there is a concern or problem the reaction and timing is swift . You always see a warm smile , a happy face and very attentive front desk . I definitely left a piece of my heart and soul behind when I had to leave . This was my home away from home , and the staff definitely my adopted family .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank spartacus65

Reviewed March 2, 2010

I will mention first that despite everything I opted not to approach management or anything since I was ONLY staying here for one night because I was moving back to the area and needed to stay somewhere for ONE night until I got moved into my apartment the very next morning.

It was disgusting, I found NUMEROUS insects and found it humorous that the print on the comforter was insects as well. There was an overwhelming scent of smoke in the room and I never really felt secure given the door seemed to be made of particle board. I decided to stay here because I was offered a discount when booking; however, upon arrival, I was told I needed to go across the street (another hotel) to use the internet and print out the "coupon"...there was no coupon. A slight difference of $10, so I let it go, along with every other complaint. So, I may not have complained enough or received any kind of compensation from this hotel BUT, my experience was enough to keep me from EVER staying in a Homestead Suites ever again and I will continue to recommend others find another place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank klg0816
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stay in alot of hotels for business purposes. This hotel has made the top of my list for home away from home. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I recommend this one to anybody and everybody.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank wait4ever3
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2003

I had stayed multiple times at the Mainstay Suites in Plano, Texas and loved it. The staff was friendly, they had a quick and easy check-in process using a self-service kiosk, and the atmosphere was quite cozy.
It was more like a home than a hotel.

Apparently, in June 2003, Mainstay was sold to Homestead Suites. I thought nothing of the changeover, thinking it would be in name only.
Not only is the kiosk gone and the check-in process lengthy, the service has depleted (only some of the original staff remains), and they changed much of the decor of the hotel making it more of a traditional hotel. All the elements that I loved about Mainstay are gone now.

Still, overall, the hotel is still a much better value than many 3 star hotels out there.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Plano hotels
WoodSpring Suites Signature North Dallas
FairBridge Inn & Suites
5 mi away
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano West
Candlewood Suites Plano-Frisco
5 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway

Address: 4709 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093-5308 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Texas > Plano
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Price Range: $69 - $95 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Plano