Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
QueenCG62
Plano, Texas

Wonderful experience.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 8, 2016
Making a move to Dallas was not easy. But starting with check in, I felt right at home. Everyday someone asked if there was anything I needed or help with. The customer service is excellent, even at the time of check in. If you need a hotel for longer than two weeks, this is an excellent option and this site will not disappoint.
Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Aug 15, 2016
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thrilled to know you received excellent customer service from our staff and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
  • Vio.com
$59
  • Official Site
0.1 miles from Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
View more hotels in Plano
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2016

We stayed for two months while waiting to move into a house. Frankly, we chose this property for four reasons:
1. The location further North off the Tollway wasn't available
2. Extended Stays accept pets
3. The price per night was significantly less than the Residence Inn
4. Location, location, location

Likes:
- The staff was excellent. They are hardwork, eager to please, and really did make us feel welcome. Any issues within their control were done to the best of their ability
- Coffee. Loved their coffee in the lobby every day
- Location. Close to plenty of shops and restaurants (and given the condition of the kitchen in our unit, we ate out all but TWICE in 60 days).
- They did replace the mattress during our stay as part of refurb. Unit already had new flooring, carpet, bed, and couch.

Dislikes:
- Condition of the room: Cabinets were original and the cheapest, worst apartment MDF cabinets you all remember if you lived in an apartment circa 1996. Bathtub was a fiberglass unit with cracks that allowed water to seep into the wall. Both needed replacing BADLY
- With all the spring rain, we began to notice a gap between the wall and window and started smelling mold, plus we saw evidence of a water leak on the drywall
- There was a lack of clarity about some policies relating to pets and room cleaning. We would suggest being more explicit upon check-in on those rules as there were some issues initially
- The color scheme makes the room feel dark and depressing, especially if you're there any length of time
- The burner pans were FILTHY and should have been replaced prior to our check in. I love to cook and didn't feel comfortable cooking there, especially after I saw roaches in the first couple of days. (They did spray for pests during our stay and that helped).
- The absolute worst was the poorly engineered A/C. The unit is in the living room area and a fan is between the living and bedroom. However, it's so high on the wall that it doesn't circulate air well. Our bedroom never cooled down sufficiently at night. Hot room = poor sleep for 60 days = cranky guests. Cranky guests leave poor reviews.

Also, it didn't impact us, but if you have a room overlooking the courtyard/pool and it's a Friday or Saturday, BEWARE of noise. People would be out there until all hours making noise and drinking. Came in around 1 am one Saturday and the party was still going strong. Saw plenty of evidence the next day in the various overflowing trash cans in that area.

The room condition is something that I feel the management should be checking and remedying. After our first week, I did a review and reported all issues we identified. No offer to move rooms or make changes. Frankly, all of those maintenance issues were far more significant that something I could have gotten the maintenance guy to fix.

Room tip: Rooms on the back side are quiet. Avoid rooms overlooking the pool on weekends. Could be noisy.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The condition of the room you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To ensure your experience is not repeated, going forward we are in the process of refinishing our tubs. In an effort to maintain our property we have a national vendor for pest control. Further, I will review the maintenance items with our facilities department. It was great to hear that the staff was excellent and the location worked well. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2016

We chose this hotel because my sister was having heart surgery & this hotel was right across the street from Plano Heart Hospital. We stayed 2 nights. The staff was very polite & helpful. If we needed or wanted something, they got it right away. The room was not exactly what I thought it would be, but it was clean. The a/c was very loud. We had to turn up the TV to hear it when the a/c was one, but when it cut off, we had to turn the TV back down. The fridge leaked on the inside and there was food left from the previous guest, but other than that it was ok. Because we told the front desk about the food in the fridge, they refunded us one of the nights. The manager apologized for not making sure the room was as clean as they would like it to be before we got there.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff; however, please accept our apologies for the room conditions you experienced. To uphold our company’s high standards, I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure your experience is not repeated. I will also make sure that we are thoroughly inspecting rooms prior to guest arrivals. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Up checking in the clerk was extremely pleasant and helpful. The lobby was clean and well lit. Entering our room was our 1st disappointment the size of the room and the bed was smaller then expected as it was only a full size. The kitchen was not pre-stocked everything we expected to be stocked in the kitchen we had to retrieve from the front desk ourselves. Upon examining the kitchen pack they did not provide dish soap or coffee filters or a dish cloth or clean sponge. We have never stayed at a extended stay hotel that the kitchen wasn't pre-stocked. Their reasoning was because they have had guests take Kitchen items when checking out. This bothered us because everytime we went to pick up an item they didn't ask our room number. So what difference does it make. The beds were hard and uncomfortable we did not get a good night sleep. Our family booked 3 additional rooms and had the same problem especially the lack of comfort in their beds also. In my sister's room she found food in her refrigerator from previous guests. The only postive side of our stay is that rooms were clean and the staff was extremely pleasant, helpful and apologic. If this is the way all the Extended Stay facilities operate we will not be a guest at this chain in the future.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate your comments about our staff; however, I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request at the front desk. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities as well as thoroughly inspecting our rooms prior to guest arrivals. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

I just have to give you a great review. From the moment I checked in until the end of my stay was memorable and fabulous. I usually don't write a review unless it was a bad experience, but this hotel has to be recognized for its superior level of service and quality. Everything was new, clean and organized. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.
I am definitely going to stay here next time I am in town.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2016

Was in Plano for work, stayed for two months, the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping left much to be desired. Had to request sheets be changed at least every other week and not sure floors were even vacuumed weekly. Bathroom was given a cursory cleaning so all in all not impressed with housekeeping.

Room tip: Don't get poolside as this is also only smoking area and it can get noisy
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The housekeeping you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, we are going to use your review as a training tool to ensure we are meeting our company’s high standards. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pno@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.